    I could only find a class called Queue in RDoc. Is there no (thread
    safe) priority queue? If not where can I get one?

    Turing.

    Frank Meyer, Aug 14, 2007

  2. Joel VanderWerf, Aug 14, 2007

  3. Frank Meyer

    Frank Meyer Guest

    Re: Is there a thread safe implementation of a priority queu

    Joel VanderWerf wrote:
    > Frank Meyer wrote:
    >> I could only find a class called Queue in RDoc. Is there no (thread
    >> safe) priority queue? If not where can I get one?

    > There's some hits in this search that may help:
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=ruby+priorityqueue
    >
    > Here's one that I use based on the rbtree extension:
    >
    > http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/ruby-rbtree
    > http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/133202

    I already searched myself and I came upon the "rbtree" queue, too but I
    can't remember why I dismissed this one. Maybe I was just too tired
    yesterday.
    Thanks.

    Turing.

    Frank Meyer, Aug 15, 2007
  4. Frank Meyer

    Joel VanderWerf wrote:
    > Frank Meyer wrote:
    > http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/ruby-rbtree

    I finally had the time to download and try this priority queue, but
    unfortunately the required RBTree class is a C extension and the
    makefile is written for GCC which I don't have (installed).
    Could someone be so kind and compile this extension (with windows) and
    upload it for me?

    Thank you very much!

    Turing

    Frank Meyer, Aug 21, 2007