is there a way to access (write rewrite append) local drive with javascript plus some code

HALLES

HELLO !
I seek to use a form too fill a file without putting a server on my
computer.
I am no C# programmer, i can do some things in Javascript but IT CAN T
WRITE REWRITE APPEND A FILE ON LOCAL DRIVES .

ANY ASP PIECE OF SCRIPT TO HELP AUTOMAT MY INPUTS USIGA FORM LIKE
PROCESS ?

Regards.

What am i doing ?
I am trying not to work with a TEXT editor, because my data need many
alphabets European Latin , Greek , Aramean and so on...
My data will look like a multilingual dictonary along with phonetic and
philologic content....

Sandfordc

Hello,

Well first of all im no C+ Programmer either but i have another idea!

Try this:

new=window.open("","myCode","width=500, heigth=500, toolbar=yes")
new.document.write(data)
new.document.close()

then you will have a pop-up window of your text which you can then save
via Menu -> Save As.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Sandfordc
www.JavaScript-Central.tk

HALLES

Hello !

Thank so much.

I can save the window using the "save as" option.
Unfortunately i save everthing even the code of the html page.

I wanted to use the form system to save data (thousands of data and
maybe more) on a text file but using HTML code.

I send here a prototype of what it should look like if it could work !
______________
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<script>
"new=window.open("","myCode","width=500, heigth=500, toolbar=yes")
new.document.write(data) new.document.close()"></script>
<TITLE> New Document </TITLE>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="EditPlus">
<META NAME="Author" CONTENT="">
<META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="">
<META NAME="Description" CONTENT="">
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<TABLE>
<TR>
<TD>French word</TD>
<TD><TEXTAREA NAME="Franc" ROWS="3" COLS="40" font-family: Times
Roman;
font-size: 83%;}
..fixed_width { font-family: fixed-width, monospace;
font-size: 90%;}
form {margin:0; }
..tick {font-family: webding></TEXTAREA></TD>
</TR>
<TR><TD>Phonetic : French word</TD>
<TD><TEXTAREA NAME="Phone" ROWS="3" COLS="40" font-family: SIL
Manuscript IPA 93; font-size: 83%;}
..fixed_width { font-family: fixed-width, monospace;
font-size: 90%;}
form {margin:0; }
..tick {font-family: SIL Manuscript IPA 93></TEXTAREA></TD>
</TR>
<TR> <TD>__________________</TD></TR>
<TR> <TD>Greek word</TD>
<TD><TEXTAREA NAME="Grec" ROWS="3" COLS="40" font-family: Symbol;
font-size: 83%;}
..fixed_width {font-family: fixed-width, monospace;
font-size: 90%;}
form {margin:0; }
..tick {font-family: Symbol></TEXTAREA></TD>
</TR>
<TR><TD>Phonetic : Greek word</TD>
<TD><TEXTAREA NAME="PhoneG" ROWS="3" COLS="40" font-family: SIL
Manuscript IPA 93; font-size: 83%;}
..fixed_width { font-family: fixed-width, monospace;
font-size: 90%;}
form { margin:0; }
..tick { font-family: SIL Manuscript IPA 93></TEXTAREA>
</TD>
</TR>
<TR><TD>__ Comments : __</TD></TR>
<TR><TD><TEXTAREA NAME="Addendum" ROWS="5" COLS="50" font-family:
Times; font-size: 83%;}
..fixed_width { font-family: fixed-width, monospace;
font-size: 90%;}
form { margin:0; }
..tick {
font-family: Times></TEXTAREA></TD></TR>
</TABLE>
</FORM>
</FORM>
<INPUT TYPE="submit">
<INPUT TYPE="reset">
</FORM>
<INPUT TYPE="hidden">
</BODY>
</HTML>

SORRY !

RobG

HALLES said:
HELLO !
I seek to use a form too fill a file without putting a server on my
computer.
I am no C# programmer, i can do some things in Javascript but IT CAN T
WRITE REWRITE APPEND A FILE ON LOCAL DRIVES .

Please don't shout. JavaScript can't write to your hard drive, as you
seem to realise.
ANY ASP PIECE OF SCRIPT TO HELP AUTOMAT MY INPUTS USIGA FORM LIKE
PROCESS ?

Try yelling your request in an ASP forum. Incidentally, ASP requires a
server, probably why it is *Active Server Pages*.

You may be able to use an HTA file or similar Microsoft/IE/Windows
dependent solution, or you might be better off to develop your forms in
some other application or platform entirely.
Regards.

What am i doing ?
I am trying not to work with a TEXT editor, because my data need many
alphabets European Latin , Greek , Aramean and so on...
My data will look like a multilingual dictonary along with phonetic and
philologic content....

Web browser interfaces are not designed for data input, though they can
be used for reasonably simple tasks. You can do reasonable
multi-lingual output, but that's not what you seem to be after.

I think your intended application is way beyond the scope of typical
web development and likely far easier in some other environment.

HALLES

Sir.

Uppercases are "Majuscules" letters or "Tall letters" everywhere on
earth. Only Anglo Saxon mind can correlate uppercases use with the verb
To Shout.

I am aware of the limits of javascript.
It is only your poor understandement of English what cause problem when
you read me.

I quietly asked for an answer not for a hyper develloped ego
explanation of nothingness.

Regards.
Halles.

HALLES

hi !
Yes HTA scenario seems a good way.
I tried it, but HTA write on the local drive the code of the frame
where was written the info to be saved. It is not clean, and seems not
to support: append and rewrite.
A probleme of focus, surely, again beyond my abilities.

;o)
Halles

RobG

HALLES said:
Sir.

Uppercases are "Majuscules" letters or "Tall letters" everywhere on
earth. Only Anglo Saxon mind can correlate uppercases use with the verb
To Shout.

Thank you for moderating your text.

Your attempted racist slur completely misses the mark: not only do I
not identify as an Anglo-Saxon, but uppercase text is considered
shouting in most text-based forms of communication over the internet
(news groups, email, blogs, etc.) by everyone with reasonable manners.
It is not peculiar to "Anglo Saxons", if such a group still exists.

Anglo-Saxons were an amalgam of Angle, Saxon and Jute tribes that
invaded Britain around the 5th century. After nearly being wiped
out by the Viking invasion around the 8th century, they recovered most
of their former glory only to have their reign come to an end with the
Norman invasion of 1066, heralding in the Norman period.

I have no understanding of the "Anglo Saxon mind", nor if I were to come
across one whether it may interpret upper case letters as shouting.
I am aware of the limits of javascript.
It is only your poor understandement of English what cause problem when
you read me.

I understood your English as well as could be expected, I don't think
there is any misunderstanding. You want to use JavaScript for
writing to your hard-drive. The term "JavaScript" usually refers to
ECMAScript, which does not have any interfaces to a PC hard drive.

There is no "Save" or "Save as" command, or any equivalent.

Section 4 of the specification states;

"ECMAScript as defined here is not intended to be computationally
self-sufficient; indeed, there are no provisions in this specification
for input of external data or output of computed results."

Interfaces are provided by the platform implementing the script
environment. General browser-based implementations, such as that
described by the W3C DOM, do not include interfaces to the hard drive.
I quietly asked for an answer not for a hyper develloped ego
explanation of nothingness.

I explained that you should use Microsoft's HTA or some other
technology. Apparently you found that useful when suggested by another
poster - perhaps, having felt slighted, your ego refuses to accept that
you may have actually received useful advice.

HALLES

Mr RobG

Sir .
here is the title of the post: is there a way to access (write rewrite
append) local drive with javascript plus some code

I might should have put EXTRA CODE or ALIEN CODE or
IDONTKNOWWHATKINDOFCODE !
_____I have written soon, and under the title : ANY ASP PIECE OF
SCRIPT TO HELP AUTOMAT MY INPUTS USInG A FORM LIKE PROCESS ? _____

I don't want to put round logs into square holes, at all!
Hta might help but need some "focus" to be set at the exact place, and
this i don't know how to do.

Using Javascript i can do 80% of what i need, i have the form and
functions i need except that one so, it is all my problem ;o)

======
Upper Cases are Capital Letters nothing more.
About racisme i don't believe in any racism.
About Internet which is nothing more than the old USENET system, it is
an OLD FASHIONED system it was done by USAn people who did speak an
Anglo Saxon Language.

It is no racisme to say that other languages have better fitted
functions for one aim or another. Mathematic is one such language
unable to describe human emotions, so USENET/INTERNET is not able to
display any emotions. It is a pure work of imagination. Such people who
can see shouting people when they see texts displaying Upper Cases or
Capital letters have a MIND PROBLEM.
It is "usually accepted that" can't be translated as it is "always true
that"

Being myself very close of the roots of Wickings (Wick = Bay and King
as you can imagine ) i can not despise no one.

I dont send no apologize, because i did not intended to harm no one !

HALLES

Marlais

As for your Javascript, you probably need a IE/Windows-only solution
and use the FileSystemObject.

<Off Topic Rant>

You wrote: "USENET/INTERNET is not able to display any emotions. It is
a pure work of imagination. "

Absolutely wrong. Where would literature be if authors couldn't
display emotions using written language? The Usenet/Internet
community is different only in the desire to communicate faster.

Since plain text can be restrictive for fast emotional expression,
online communication has evolved to address this. This is why
emoticons were created: :) :D :p (look at these sideways and
imagine they are human faces) Typing :) is a much faster way to
express "I am smiling" or "I am happy"... This is an example of
language evolving to overcome the restrictions of the communication
medium. Similarly, USING LOTS OF CAPITAL LETTERS FOR A SENTENCE is
another example.

All languages are simply conventions for communication. Hundreds of
millions of people understand :) to convey happiness. While you may
not approve, the fact is that a very large number of people in the
internet community DO practice the convention of using LOTS OF CAPITAL
LETTERS as shouting. When communicating do you wish to convey lots
of anger?

I don't think you are correct in your assertion that only Anglo-Saxons
practice this convention... (I assume you're referring to British
English and American English) ...but even if you are, YOU ARE WRITING
IN ENGLISH!!! If you wish to write in capital letters all day long in
your native language, be my guest.

</Off Topic Rant>

HALLES

Sir, I use to speak and write many languages, using internet or snail
mail.

On Internet i have been taken for a fascist because i use to write
Capital Letters or Upper Cases it is also a convention in other
countries to underline the word but in my case, usually i am from my
opinion, it is my way to put a remark a focus on that peculiar word.

When i use Internet and Upper Cases in Argentina or Brazil or Greece,
people don't ask for no apologize, it is like you say a convention.
But to my surprise it is mainly between American and English people
that people over react to Upper Cases. Like you are over reacting.

IF VIRTUAL CONVENTION MAKE YOU UNEASY, WELL !
You are granted freedom to explain your point of view.
Sorry you are not the majority, we are 6 billions on earth.
Killing me, willl bring you many sad hours.
SO, ADAPT YOURSELF TO VIRTUAL CONVENTIONS AS I DO OR FIGHT VIRTUAL
CONVENTIONS AS I ALSO DO !.
My native languages are none your business, and you are making
something i did not, you are making false assertions on my purpose.

Wishing you the very best.

HALLES

HALLES

Some more words to let you know that :ENGLISH is a only a subset of
FRENCH LANGUAGE and a Mixture of FRENCH plus ANGLO SAXON and NORSE
LANGUAGES .

WELSH AND SCOTTS, HAVE THEIR OWN LANGUAGES.

SLA N'A GAEL

HALLES

Marlais

"On Internet i have been taken for a fascist because i use to write
Capital Letters..."
I don't presume that you're a fascist.

"WELSH AND SCOTTS, HAVE THEIR OWN LANGUAGES."
Ok, more shouting... I'm aware of this as I've Welsh ancestry.

"...But to my surprise it is mainly between American and English people

that people over react to Upper Cases."
Guess what? Americans invented the internet and you're still writing
in English. You now know it's rude to use all capital letters. If you
wish to continue this practice when writing on the internet in English,
you are quite welcome to. You just may receive more negative
reactions.

I am not overreacting and wish you nothing but success. Let's get back
to Javascript, shall we? : )

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

HALLES said:
[...] Only Anglo Saxon mind can correlate
uppercases use with the verb To Shout.

No. And, BTW: it is "(to) shout"; lowercased.

PointedEars