    I know how to do for autoupdating links and stuff, but I'm sure
    there's a way to do something like this for other things.

    I'm using Macromedia Dreamweaver.
    BTM, Jun 7, 2007

  2. BTM

    freemont Guest

    On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 00:41:05 +0000, BTM writ:

    > Okay, I've got a site which I'll have the same thing on several of the
    > pages (a menu. and text at the bottom telling people who they can
    > email). My question is, how can I make it some that there's like a
    > site "template" that all the pages share, and that if I change one of
    > those section on one page (or the "main" page) it'll automatically
    > change on all of them?

    Search for information about PHP includes. They will do what you want, and
    are really easy to use.

    --
    "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    ¯`·..·¯`·-> freemont© <-·¯`·..·¯
    freemont, Jun 7, 2007

  3. BTM

    Guest

    On Jun 6, 6:04 pm, freemont <>
    wrote:
    > On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 00:41:05 +0000, BTM writ:
    >
    > > Okay, I've got a site which I'll have the same thing on several of the
    > > pages (a menu. and text at the bottom telling people who they can
    > > email). My question is, how can I make it some that there's like a
    > > site "template" that all the pages share, and that if I change one of
    > > those section on one page (or the "main" page) it'll automatically
    > > change on all of them?

    > Search for information about PHP includes. They will do what you want, and
    > are really easy to use.
    >
    > --
    > "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    > ¯`·..·¯`·-> freemont© <-·¯`·..·¯

    Pretty much you need a PHP include or a cold fusion. Try PHP first and
    if you cant get it to work try using cold fusion
    , Jun 7, 2007
  4. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed writing in

    >> > email). My question is, how can I make it some that there's like a
    >> > site "template" that all the pages share, and that if I change one
    >> > of those section on one page (or the "main" page) it'll
    >> > automatically change on all of them?

    >> Search for information about PHP includes. They will do what you
    >> want, and are really easy to use.

    > Pretty much you need a PHP include or a cold fusion. Try PHP first and
    > if you cant get it to work try using cold fusion

    What's wrong with plain old SSI and .shtml documents? There's also ASP on
    windows boxes, not JUST PHP and Cold Fusion.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Jun 7, 2007
  5. While the city slept, Adrienne Boswell () feverishly
    typed...
    > What's wrong with plain old SSI and .shtml documents? There's also
    > ASP on windows boxes, not JUST PHP and Cold Fusion.

    You can also run PHP on windows boxes you know ;-) I'm sat here at home,
    running Windows 98SE (yes, I know...) with PHP, Apache and MySQL quite
    happily... I think of it as my WAMP setup ;-)

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss http://www.nigenet.org.uk
    Mail address will bounce. | Take the DOG. out!
    nice.guy.nige, Jun 8, 2007
  6. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "nice.guy.nige"
    <> writing in news:46689892$0$97268$892e7fe2
    @authen.yellow.readfreenews.net:

    >> What's wrong with plain old SSI and .shtml documents? There's also
    >> ASP on windows boxes, not JUST PHP and Cold Fusion.

    > You can also run PHP on windows boxes you know ;-) I'm sat here at home,
    > running Windows 98SE (yes, I know...) with PHP, Apache and MySQL quite
    > happily... I think of it as my WAMP setup ;-)

    I have PHP, MySQL on windows as well. I have WinXp Professional with IIS.
    One of the great things about PHP is that often hosts will have both ASP
    and PHP running on the same box, so you can mix and match (yes, I know
    that's a bad idea).

    Adrienne Boswell, Jun 8, 2007
  7. BTM

    BTM Guest

    >I have PHP, MySQL on windows as well. I have WinXp Professional with IIS.
    >One of the great things about PHP is that often hosts will have both ASP
    >and PHP running on the same box, so you can mix and match (yes, I know
    >that's a bad idea).

    Sadly, I'll have to learn all this on my own, as the university I went
    to didn't have a class on PHP, MySQK or ASP (never mind I'm supposed
    to be graduation this with an IT degree) and I have hopes of being a
    web desing so day..

    Oh, the irony...
    BTM, Jun 8, 2007
  8. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed BTM <> writing in

    >>I have PHP, MySQL on windows as well. I have WinXp Professional with
    >>IIS. One of the great things about PHP is that often hosts will have
    >>both ASP and PHP running on the same box, so you can mix and match
    >>(yes, I know that's a bad idea).

    > Sadly, I'll have to learn all this on my own, as the university I went
    > to didn't have a class on PHP, MySQK or ASP (never mind I'm supposed
    > to be graduation this with an IT degree) and I have hopes of being a
    > web desing so day..
    >
    > Oh, the irony...

    I never went to school to learn any of my scripting skills. I just did a
    lot of Googling, found some sites that had good information, and went on
    from there. Of course, the other great way to learn is to lurk in
    appropriate usenet groups - I learned a lot from doing that.

    Adrienne Boswell, Jun 9, 2007