Is there a way to foil abusive clicks on sponsored aderts in Google?

Kerry

Hi all.

I'm new to this so hope I've posted this in the right place.

Problem:
I've got a sponsored ad on Google and suspect there may be some
abusive clicking on my ad by a possible competitor although I've no
proof of this. Contacting Google has been both time consuming and very
frustrating.

I would like to achieve the following but I don't know if it's
possible, can anyone here please suggest anything?

Currently, when a visitor clicks on my Google ad it goes straight to
my home page. What I would like to happen is when the visitor clicks
the link from Google the page that ultimately appears is my home page
but without it having an active "back button" in the browser which
goes directly back to Google. This would hopefully annoy any abuser as
they would have to reopen their browser and do a new search for each
subsequent click of the add on Google's page. I don't want to remove
the browsers interface at all in this process, just find a workable
deterring solution if one exists.

My aim is to frustrate any abusive visitor but, at the same time being
aware of trying not to hinder any visitors that may be geniune.

Any workable ideas would be great, many thanks.

Kerry

Lee

Kerry said:
Currently, when a visitor clicks on my Google ad it goes straight to
my home page. What I would like to happen is when the visitor clicks
the link from Google the page that ultimately appears is my home page
but without it having an active "back button" in the browser which
goes directly back to Google.

I don't know much about marketing, and don't understand what is
abusive about clicking through to your home page and then going
back, but, as a user of Google, that's exactly what I do well
over 90% of the time.

In fact, most of the time that I click on "sponsored links", it's
out of curiosity to find out how in the world that site is related
to my search terms.

I would be upset if your page caused me to lose my place in the
search page.

Fortunately, reasonable browsers will only allow you to remove
the current page from your history, not any previous page.