is there a way to hide the query string?

-=franz=-

is there a way to hide the query string?
i receive a variable with a querystring from an external domain. i need to
hide it cause it's a important data.

thanks
franz from italy

Joerg Jooss

-=franz=- said:
is there a way to hide the query string?
i receive a variable with a querystring from an external domain. i
need to hide it cause it's a important data.

*Don't* use the query string for sensitive data. If for whatever reason you
need to use it, encrypt the key/value pair.

Cheers,

Sanjeeb Sarangi

I guess you can't hide querystring. You can encrypt it.

There is a work around. Put the page in a frame.

Thanks,
Sanjeeb Sarangi

Dan Brussee

Putting the page in a frame is _not_ a workaround, it's just stupid. It's
very easy to see what the source of a frame is.

Stupid? Come on now - let's play nice. Although not very secure, it
does keep normally prying eyes from seeing the QS right in front of
them. Plus, seeing the source of the page would not easily get them
the Querystring anyway.

Keep in mind the OP inferred that he could not change the way the page
was called. One possible option would be to have the page called just
do a grab of the Querystring and then forward the data on to another
page as form variables inside a POST submission.