    separately?

    Thanks.

    CB
    Cloud Burst, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Cloud Burst

    PeterMcC Guest

    Cloud Burst wrote:
    > Let's say I want to include some common source in a bunch of html
    > files. Is there a way to do this so I can edit the included file
    > separately?

    If your host supports SSI (server side includes):
    http://www.bignosebird.com/sdocs/include.shtml
    Dead easy.

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,
    PeterMcC, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Cloud Burst

    Cloud Burst Guest

    On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 19:07:35 -0000, "PeterMcC" <> wrote:

    >Cloud Burst wrote:
    >> Let's say I want to include some common source in a bunch of html
    >> files. Is there a way to do this so I can edit the included file
    >> separately?

    >If your host supports SSI (server side includes):
    >http://www.bignosebird.com/sdocs/include.shtml
    >Dead easy.

    What if I'm not using a server? I'm just viewing files with a browser,
    like IE, and developing pages on my desktop. Dead impossible, eh?
    Cloud Burst, Jan 8, 2004
  4. Cloud Burst

    kayodeok Guest

    Cloud Burst <> wrote in

    > On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 19:07:35 -0000, "PeterMcC"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Cloud Burst wrote:
    >>> Let's say I want to include some common source in a bunch of
    >>> html files. Is there a way to do this so I can edit the
    >>> included file separately?

    >>If your host supports SSI (server side includes):
    >>http://www.bignosebird.com/sdocs/include.shtml
    >>Dead easy.

    > What if I'm not using a server? I'm just viewing files with a
    > browser, like IE, and developing pages on my desktop. Dead
    > impossible, eh?

    Not impossible.

    If I understand you right, the "site" is not for the www but for your
    own desktop, if you have access to php on your PC, investigate the
    "require ()" function or have a look at the other options in:

    http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Include_one_file_in_another

    --
    Kayode Okeyode
    http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/
    kayodeok, Jan 8, 2004
  5. Cloud Burst

    Mitja Guest

    > If I understand you right, the "site" is not for the www but for your
    > own desktop, if you have access to php on your PC, investigate the
    > "require ()" function or have a look at the other options in:

    this still requires a server....

    Mitja
    Mitja, Jan 8, 2004
  6. Cloud Burst

    kayodeok Guest

    "Mitja" <> wrote in news:btkhk8$q5k$:

    >> If I understand you right, the "site" is not for the www but
    >> for your own desktop, if you have access to php on your PC,
    >> investigate the "require ()" function or have a look at the
    >> other options in:

    > this still requires a server....

    Then install Apache on your PC?
    I assume PHP asks for a server when you install it?

    kayodeok, Jan 8, 2004
  7. Cloud Burst

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 22:21:17 +0100, Mitja declared in alt.html:

    >> If I understand you right, the "site" is not for the www but for your
    >> own desktop, if you have access to php on your PC, investigate the
    >> "require ()" function or have a look at the other options in:

    > this still requires a server....

    But several of the other options on the page kchayka pointed you to
    don't. The page even tells you right up front what each of them require.

    In case you missed it, here it is again:

    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Jan 8, 2004
  8. Cloud Burst

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 08:45:12 +1100, Mark Parnell declared in alt.html:

    > But several of the other options on the page kchayka pointed you to

    ^^^^^^^
    Whoops. I really need to check what I am writing. I just saw the 'K' and
    assumed it was Kchayka. Sorry, Kayode. :-(

    Mark Parnell, Jan 8, 2004
  9. Cloud Burst

    kayodeok Guest

    kayodeok, Jan 8, 2004
  10. Cloud Burst

    kayodeok Guest

    Mark Parnell <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 08:45:12 +1100, Mark Parnell declared in
    > alt.html:
    >>
    >> But several of the other options on the page kchayka pointed
    >> you to

    > ^^^^^^^
    > Whoops. I really need to check what I am writing. I just saw the
    > 'K' and assumed it was Kchayka. Sorry, Kayode. :-(

    Don't worry about it, I think I saw it a second before you did...

    kayodeok, Jan 8, 2004
  11. Cloud Burst

    kchayka Guest

    Re: is there a way to "include" source file B.html in source fileA.html?

    kayodeok wrote:

    > Mark Parnell <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 08:45:12 +1100, Mark Parnell declared in
    >> alt.html:
    >>>
    >>> But several of the other options on the page kchayka pointed
    >>> you to

    >> ^^^^^^^
    >> Whoops. I really need to check what I am writing. I just saw the
    >> 'K' and assumed it was Kchayka. Sorry, Kayode. :-(

    > Don't worry about it, I think I saw it a second before you did...

    Huh? What?

    :)

    --
    To email a reply, remove (dash)un(dash). Mail sent to the un
    address is considered spam and automatically deleted.
    kchayka, Jan 9, 2004
  12. Cloud Burst

    rf Guest

    wrote:

    > >Cloud Burst wrote:
    > >> Let's say I want to include some common source in a bunch of html
    > >> files. Is there a way to do this so I can edit the included file
    > >> separately?

    > >If your host supports SSI (server side includes):
    > >http://www.bignosebird.com/sdocs/include.shtml
    > >Dead easy.

    > What if I'm not using a server? I'm just viewing files with a browser,
    > like IE, and developing pages on my desktop. Dead impossible, eh?

    Yes. Unless you find a preprocesser somewhere. Any will do. Even the one
    that comes with C++ will do.

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Jan 9, 2004