Is there a way to parse ruby code and generate a word doc?

Neha Chopra

Hi,

Is there a way by which we can parse ruby code to generate a word file
just the way there is a way to generate PDF, Excel or CSV files.

Neha

Robert Klemme

2007/7/26 said:
Is there a way by which we can parse ruby code to generate a word file
just the way there is a way to generate PDF, Excel or CSV files.

Open your Ruby script with Word then Menu->File->Save As and save as Word.

Or did you want something different?

Kind regards

robert

Neha Chopra

Robert said:
Open your Ruby script with Word then Menu->File->Save As and save as
Word.

Or did you want something different?

Kind regards

robert

I want the ability to generate a word document by parsing through my
code.
As we do using PDF::Writer or CSV::Writer

Robert Klemme

2007/7/26 said:
I want the ability to generate a word document by parsing through my
code.

I'm not sure why you talk about "parsing". Parsing is done by the
Ruby interpreter when executing your programs.
As we do using PDF::Writer or CSV::Writer

So you want a library with which you can create Word documents
programmatically. There might be tools to create RTF:
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/search.rhtml?search=rtf

An alternative would be to use Win32Ole when on a Windows-System with
MS Word installed.

Last alternative I can think of, create a HTML doc and convert it with Word.

Kind regards

robert