    Best Regards
    Firas S Assaad

    , Jan 5, 2006

  2. unless its your own server or your own dedicated server probably not without
    asking

    if it is your own server you remote access in and do an iisreset or you
    could probably set something up in a different way

    problem is stopping IIS effects every site on the server and under shared
    hosting that is an issue

    Kyle Peterson, Jan 5, 2006

    Thanx Kyle for the reply
    That was helpful

    , Jan 5, 2006
  4. wrote:
    > Sometimes i need to restart the IIS on a current server, but the
    > problems is that if i want to, then i have to contact them by either
    > email or phone, but sometimes it takes few hour to do it. So i wonder
    > if there Is a way to restart your IIS Programmitcally??

    If you have permissions, you can issue a Net Stop command via a Shell
    object. The problem is, the ASP user rarely will have the permissions
    required to execute this command. so, te answer to your question is: yes
    and no.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 5, 2006
  5. Slim Guest

    I had the same problem once
    what I did is use scheduled tasks to run a script ever 15 minutes

    the script would check a text file for the word reboot, if it found it, it
    rested IIS

    I also set a ASP page to writ to the text file

    so all I had to do is go to my asp page and write "reboot" to the text file
    and then the next time the script ran it restarted IIS

    Slim, Jan 5, 2006
  6. This again requires you to have some control over the server ...

    My question is: if IIS is locked up so it needs to be rebooted, how will an
    asp page run to trigger the reboot?

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 5, 2006
  7. I guess that when he remote access's in or runs netstop.. :)

    Still a clever idea.. maybe not the best.. but clever

    Kyle Peterson, Jan 5, 2006
  8. Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
    > This again requires you to have some control over the server ...

    True, but an arrangement might be made to give you your own Application Pool
    under your control if the server is IIS 6. Wouldn't it then be possible to
    cycle the Application Pool without disturbing others?

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Jan 6, 2006
  9. Slim Guest

    > This again requires you to have some control over the server ...
    >
    > My question is: if IIS is locked up so it needs to be rebooted, how will
    > an
    > asp page run to trigger the reboot?

    good quesion,

    My problem was that i nereded to reboot the server not IIS, of cause thios
    would not work in this case but a simular thing could work,

    like access a page on the IIS server with xmlhttp.open for example, if it
    fails reboot

    Slim, Jan 6, 2006