Is there a way to set the a CSS property to be explicitly the same as another CSS property?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Joshua Beall, Dec 10, 2003.

  1. Joshua Beall

    Joshua Beall Guest

    Here is part of a stylesheet I have now:

    BODY
    {
    margin: 5px 5px;
    font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif;
    color: #000000;
    font-size: 90%;
    background: url("/media/images/layout/back_bluematrix.halo.jpg");
    }
    TD
    {
    font-size: 90%;
    }

    Now, what I would like to happen is just have TD's font-sze to be the same
    as whatever the font-size for BODY is. I know I can do BODY, TD and then
    list a set of styles, but the problem with that is, then my background does
    not tile properly in table cells.

    Any help?

    -Josh
    Joshua Beall, Dec 10, 2003

  2. Re: Is there a way to set the a CSS property to be explicitly thesame as another CSS property?

    Joshua Beall wrote:

    > BODY
    > {
    > margin: 5px 5px;
    > font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif;
    > color: #000000;
    > font-size: 90%;
    > background: url("/media/images/layout/back_bluematrix.halo.jpg");
    > }
    > TD
    > {
    > font-size: 90%;
    > }

    > Now, what I would like to happen is just have TD's font-sze to be the same
    > as whatever the font-size for BODY is. I know I can do BODY, TD and then
    > list a set of styles, but the problem with that is, then my background does
    > not tile properly in table cells.

    It seems you're trying to serve CSS to Netscape 4. Don't do that.

    Just set the basic font size for "body" (and you'd better use "100%"),
    and then hide the CSS from old and stupid browsers, e.g. with the
    "@import" trick.

    --
    Bertilo Wennergren <> <http://www.bertilow.com>
    Bertilo Wennergren, Dec 10, 2003