    --
    Wayne Watson (Nevada City, CA)

    Web Page: <speckledwithStars.net>

    W. Watson, Feb 12, 2008

  2. On Feb 11, 2008 9:21 PM, W. Watson <> wrote:
    > ... that is free for use without advertising that I can use on my web pages?
    > I have no idea is suitable for this. My knowledge of Python is somewhat
    > minimal at this point. Maybe Java is better choice.
    >
    > --
    > Wayne Watson (Nevada City, CA)
    >
    > Web Page: <speckledwithStars.net>

    PHP would be the best choice.
    Simple and advanced PHP hit counters can be found with a search of Google.
    "PHP hit counter", etc.

    --
    Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

    Jon \Fluffy\ Saul, Feb 12, 2008

  3. W. Watson wrote:
    > ... that is free for use without advertising that I can use on my web pages?
    > I have no idea is suitable for this. My knowledge of Python is somewhat
    > minimal at this point. Maybe Java is better choice.

    You can analyze your web logs. That's more accurate than a hit counter,
    though you can't use it for bragging rights.

    Matt Nordhoff, Feb 12, 2008
  4. W. Watson

    W. Watson Guest

    PHP. Well, that's a new one on me. Google gave me some idea of what it's
    about, and I found some code on how to do it. It requires yet another
    "programming language", which means finding the editor, etc.

    W. Watson, Feb 12, 2008
  5. W. Watson

    subeen Guest

    Well, you don't need to worry about code, you can just copy paste the
    code of the hit counters available for free.

    In my blog, http://love-python.blogspot.com/ I am using two type of
    hit counters (both are free). You can try them. They generate code
    that you just paste in the source code of your website.

    Regards,
    Subeen.

    subeen, Feb 12, 2008
  6. W. Watson

    Dotan Cohen Guest

    On 12/02/2008, W. Watson <> wrote:
    > PHP. Well, that's a new one on me. Google gave me some idea of what it's
    > about, and I found some code on how to do it. It requires yet another
    > "programming language", which means finding the editor, etc.

    Any text editor will do PHP. I personally use Kate. It's free, does
    code highlighting (and folding, though I don't use that) and it has
    internal SSH bookmarks. I've got 10 or so servers bookmarked right
    inside Kate.

    Dotan Cohen

    http://what-is-what.com
    http://gibberish.co.il