    BTW, I'm not using Visual Studio

    Cheers

    littlecharva
    =?Utf-8?B?bGl0dGxlY2hhcnZh?=, May 11, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bGl0dGxlY2hhcnZh?=

    avnrao Guest

    User Controls in .Net are similar to #include in asp. try converting your
    code behind and html content to a user control.
    check this article :
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319100&Product=aspnet

    Av.

    avnrao, May 11, 2004

  3. Another article on User Controls that I'd encourage you to read is:

    An Extensive Examination of User Controls
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/u...l=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/usercontrols.asp

    Happy Programming!

    --

    Scott Mitchell

    http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com
    http://www.ASPFAQs.com
    http://www.ASPMessageboard.com

    Scott Mitchell [MVP], May 11, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?bGl0dGxlY2hhcnZh?=

    Hans Kesting Guest

    "Ben" <> wrote in message news:...
    > If you're just instantiating a class, you don't need to physically reference a file as long as the file that class is in is also

    in the same project as your web page. Once compiled, you can create an instance of that class in any of your web pages.

    It *is* possible to use classes from different projects: you need to add a "reference" to your *project*
    (not to the specific aspx/ascx)
    this reference can point to the project that contains the classes you want to use
    (if that project is in the same solution) or to the physical dll that contains those classes.

    Hans Kesting
    Hans Kesting, May 12, 2004