Is there an open source C compiler to Stack Machine?

jacob navia

dsny said:
touched some topics in this area, any comments?
I have adapted the lcc-win32 C compiler for a FORTH backend
If interested reply to my private email address
to avoid "OFF TOPIC" messages :)
(e-mail address removed)

Julian V. Noble

dsny said:
touched some topics in this area, any comments?

There are some open source Forth's written in C. They are
pretty portable.

GForth and PFE (portable Forth environment) come to mind right
away. GForth is much more elaborate, IIRC.

--
Julian V. Noble
Professor Emeritus of Physics

"For there was never yet philosopher that could endure the
toothache patiently."

-- Wm. Shakespeare, Much Ado about Nothing. Act v. Sc. 1.

Ed Davis

dsny said:
touched some topics in this area, any comments?

There is a subset C compiler that produces stack machine code
that won an IOCCC award a few years. It was enough of a subset
to compile itself. I think it was in the 1991 entries.