    future).

    Any suggestions?

    /Jimi

    Jimi Hullegård, Jul 2, 2005

  2. Jimi Hullegård

    Leo Gaggl Guest

    Jimi Hullegård wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I'm wondering if there is any basic "base" for a community website. With
    > things like support for user registration, login, individual homepages,
    > photo albums, sending messages, guestbooks, diaries and so on... And
    > ofcourse with optimised code (especially the code for the communicating with
    > the database).
    > I mean, I know these things have been written before, so it feels a bit
    > stupid to do it again, like reinventing the wheel.
    > What I'm looking for is a basic foundation, written in J2ee (Java/jsp), that
    > is easy to use as a base when making a community that should be able to
    > handle a large "population" (at least a few thousand simultanous users, and
    > holefully ten thousands or even houndred thousands at peak hours, in the
    > future).
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > /Jimi

    check out alfresco.org

    Leo
    Adelaide, South Australia

    Leo Gaggl, Jul 2, 2005

  3. Jimi Hullegård

    Nag Guest

    Nag, Jul 2, 2005
  4. Leo Gaggl wrote:
    > Jimi Hullegård wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I'm wondering if there is any basic "base" for a community website.
    >> With things like support for user registration, login, individual
    >> homepages, photo albums, sending messages, guestbooks, diaries and
    >> so on... And ofcourse with optimised code (especially the code for
    >> the communicating with the database).
    >> I mean, I know these things have been written before, so it feels a
    >> bit stupid to do it again, like reinventing the wheel.
    >> What I'm looking for is a basic foundation, written in J2ee
    >> (Java/jsp), that is easy to use as a base when making a community
    >> that should be able to handle a large "population" (at least a few
    >> thousand simultanous users, and holefully ten thousands or even
    >> houndred thousands at peak hours, in the future).
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?

    > check out alfresco.org

    Now I have read pretty much everything there is to read on their website,
    and I still can't figure out exactly what it is. Their description of it is
    way to fuzzy for me. I read the tutorial, but it seemed to focus on how a
    administrator creates a new user, and then how content is uploaded.

    What I'm looking for is more like a bunch of java files, that can work as a
    base for a online community. I would like one ore more java-servlets, some
    java classes that handle the DB, and some jsp-files that I can modify.
    I have already written all this. But I'm sure that I have made many, MANY
    misstakes, regarding sequrity and performance. So I would like a small,
    simple, fast and sequre foundation to build on. I still want to be in
    controll of everything, and not rely on a web interface to build the site.

    Anyone?

    Regards
    /Jimi

    Jimi Hullegård, Jul 7, 2005
  5. Nag wrote:
    > try this:
    > http://www.netomat.com/

    Well, I can't really see how I could use netomat and modify it so it would
    look and feel exactly the way we want it to. and it seems like they store
    everything on their servers. we want to use our own servers, and have
    complete controll of everything.

    As I wrote in my reply to the other post, what I'm looking for is more like
    a bunch of java files, that can work as a base for a online community. I
    would like one ore more java-servlets, some java classes that handle the DB,
    and some jsp-files that I can modify.
    I have already written all this. But I'm sure that I have made many, MANY
    misstakes, regarding sequrity and performance. So I would like a small,
    simple, fast and sequre foundation to build on. I still want to be in
    controll of everything, and not rely on a web interface to build the site.

    But I still want to thank you Nag and Leo, for your suggestions.

    Regards
    /Jimi

    Jimi Hullegård, Jul 7, 2005
  6. Jimi Hullegård wrote:

    > ... these things have been written before, so it feels a bit
    > stupid to do it again, like reinventing the wheel.

    > What I'm looking for is a basic foundation, written in J2ee (Java/jsp)

    > is easy to use as a base when making a community that should be able to
    > handle a large "population" (at least a few thousand simultanous users, and
    > hopefully ten thousands or even houndred thousands at peak hours, in the
    > future).

    > Any suggestions?

    Find out exactly what whatever you want is called, and Google.

    There are open source bulletin boards written for j2ee servers.
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=j2ee bulletin board open source

    Thomas Schodt, Jul 7, 2005