is there any C++ certificate?

forgotten field

Hi, how are you?
I have been looking for some credible C++ certificate. I am hoping
that having a certificate will boost my chance for getting a job in
some future. Is there such a certificate for C++?
Thank you, and have a good day.

Claudio Puviani

forgotten field said:
Hi, how are you?
I have been looking for some credible C++ certificate. I am hoping
that having a certificate will boost my chance for getting a job in
some future. Is there such a certificate for C++?
Thank you, and have a good day.

C++ isn't something that lends itself well to meaningful certificates and even
if such certificates existed, they wouldn't do a thing to boost a candidate's
chance of being hired.

This has been covered before in previous posts, but your best chances lie with
relevant experience, formal education, and an ability to demonstrate your
knowledge and skills in person. It's a harsh thing, but the C++ market isn't
very rich in entry-level positions and the rare few are usually awarded either
to top-of-the-class university graduates or to candidates who have connections.

Claudio Puviani

lilburne

Claudio said:
This has been covered before in previous posts, but your best chances lie with
relevant experience, formal education, and an ability to demonstrate your
knowledge and skills in person. It's a harsh thing, but the C++ market isn't
very rich in entry-level positions and the rare few are usually awarded either
to top-of-the-class university graduates or to candidates who have connections.

The last time I was recruiting my requirements were either a
good first degree in software engineering, preferably
undertaking a project in C++, or the ability to
demonstration a knowledge of software engineering procedures.

The experience was disheartening as many candidates (even
with many years work experience), had little experience of
how to track bugs, manage code changes, test their work, or
offer opinions on how any of the above might be
accomplished. Along side these were a number of 'gurus' who
were of the opinion that because they were such 'whizzes'
and never wrote bugs procedures were not applicable to them.