Is there any chance to display ftp-content on an asp-site

Mathias Mink

hello ng,

i need your help. how can i display ftp-content (files which lies on a
ftp-server) on an asp-site?

do there anybody have an idea, how can i solve this?
at the moment we list the files per webfolder in our web. i use for handling
the filesystemobject.

my environment:
1x ftp-server (win2003-standard edition; IIS 6.0)
1x web-server (win2003-standard edition; IIS 6.0)

best regards

mathias

Patrice

How would you like to display that ? If you want really to use ftp you could
use a ftp://yourserver link and you'll have ie presenting those files (and
allowing interaction if allowed).

If you want a custom display then it's likely better to do as you do now
(you could even possibly disable ftp and allow manipulation through the same
UI ?)

Patrice

Mathias Mink

Hello Patrice,

Thanks for you reply. I have to list the files on the asp site.

I need a possibility to get the files with an asp-script.

Steven Burn

Patrice

Ok so keep using the FileSystemObject ??! Do you have a specific problem
when you do this ?

Patrice

Steven Burn

You can display ANY file that is on your server........ (whether you choose
to link to it using http, ftp etc, depends on what you've allowed/enabled on
your server).

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Mathias Mink

ok, but there is the problem.
in future i will have two servers. one for the web and the server for ftp.

we want to split the web and the downloadfiles in two separate systems.

Steven Burn

My apologies, I thought you were using the one server (hadn't looked at your
OP).

In the case of a different server, I suppose you could always have a file on
that server that generates the info you need (i.e. as a csv file), and then
use XMLHTTP to get the info you need.

http://aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2173

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Patrice

You could use a network share so that you can access those files from your
web server...

Patrice

Jeff Cochran

you mean, that i get the ftp-files with FSO as well?

Files are files, FTP is just the process you use to transfer them.
FSO can list files in a folder. Just configure it to list the files
in the folder where your FTP files are. You can even provide the
links at FTP:\\ when you list them

Jeff