Is there any control like Applet (for Java) in ASP.NET?

RA

Hi,

I'm new here, just trying to know about ASP.NET controls. I would like to
know if there is any control in ASP.NET to present rich WinForm applications
in the Web browser like Applet for Java.

In my view, such feature would help companies protect their investment
(time/cost/effort) by using same WinForm application to take advantages of
web medium via web browser without any significant rework. This may require
the .NET Runtime availability on the Client system if the Runtime provides
such features, also browsers has to be compatible with such control.

Thank

Stan

Hi,

I'm new here, just trying to know about ASP.NET controls. I would like to
know if there is any control in ASP.NET to present rich WinForm applications
in the Web browser like Applet for Java.

In my view, such feature would help companies protect their investment
(time/cost/effort) by using same WinForm application to take advantages of
web medium via web browser without any significant rework. This may require
the .NET Runtime availability on the Client system if the Runtime provides
such features, also browsers has to be compatible with such control.

Thank

ASP.NET is designed to generate W3C compliant code to the client.
Client side Java applets are not compliant with web standards. If a
web application uses them (Java beans) they must be confined to the
server.

If it is possible to create a richtext control with JavaScript then
that would be a different matter because the standards support it
(ECMAscript).