is there any curl like lib in ruby?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Haofei Wang, Nov 14, 2006.

  1. Haofei Wang

    Haofei Wang Guest

    Haofei Wang, Nov 14, 2006

  2. Haofei Wang

    Peter Szinek Guest

    I am not sure either, but this is how I approached this problem:

    Open3.popen3("curl --proxy #{proxy_addr}:#{proxy_port} --max-time 20
    www.yahoo.com") do |stdin,stdout,stderr|
    err_msg = stderr.read
    output = stdout.read
    #do something
    end

    HTH,
    Peter

    __
    http://www.rubyrailways.com

    Peter Szinek, Nov 14, 2006

  3. It's a big shame that ruby lacks curl bindings. There's http-access2,
    but it doesn't come to curl's toes. Curl has bindings for nearly every
    language in common use, except Ruby.

    BTW, if anyone is interested in making decent bindings, please post
    here. I may be able to sponsor it. (Please don't private email me.)

    S. Robert James, Nov 14, 2006
  4. Good question!

    I am interested in recursive listing FTP. Using Net::FTP isn't
    convienient as I want informations about size and date (I could parse
    it by hand, but it isn't that elegant). OpenURI isn't usefull either :(

    Tristram Gräbener, Nov 15, 2006