Is there any generic way to find jar lib directory from InstallShield ?

jack

Dear all,

We have a InstallShield installation program which will copy jar file
to jre plugin lib/ext directory.

But the client machine may various, as well as their plugin. Such as
c:\program files\java\j2re1.4.2_02\lib\ext
c:\program files\java\j2re1.4.2_03\lib\ext

We can't force user to use one certain version JRE, and also user may
install java plugin in some other directory.

Is there someway for InstallShield to find which directory to install
the jar file?

Thanks in advance.

Jack

Roedy Green

But the client machine may various, as well as their plugin. Such as
c:\program files\java\j2re1.4.2_02\lib\ext
c:\program files\java\j2re1.4.2_03\lib\ext

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/registry.html

You could write some C or JNI to poke in the registry to find it.
However, this is a very standard thing to want to do in an install.

Can you see the System properties inside the installer? IF not
perhaps you can have a one shot installer than runs the first time the
app is fired up.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/properties.html