Is there any generic way to find jar lib directory from InstallShield ?

Discussion in 'Java' started by jack, Apr 2, 2004.

  1. jack

    jack Guest

    Dear all,

    We have a InstallShield installation program which will copy jar file
    to jre plugin lib/ext directory.

    But the client machine may various, as well as their plugin. Such as
    c:\program files\java\j2re1.4.2_02\lib\ext
    c:\program files\java\j2re1.4.2_03\lib\ext

    We can't force user to use one certain version JRE, and also user may
    install java plugin in some other directory.

    Is there someway for InstallShield to find which directory to install
    the jar file?

    Thanks in advance.

    Jack

    jack, Apr 2, 2004

  2. jack

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 2 Apr 2004 11:16:01 -0800, (jack) wrote or quoted
    :

    >But the client machine may various, as well as their plugin. Such as
    >c:\program files\java\j2re1.4.2_02\lib\ext
    >c:\program files\java\j2re1.4.2_03\lib\ext

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/registry.html

    You could write some C or JNI to poke in the registry to find it.
    However, this is a very standard thing to want to do in an install.

    Can you see the System properties inside the installer? IF not
    perhaps you can have a one shot installer than runs the first time the
    app is fired up.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/properties.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.