  1. yuesefa

    yuesefa Guest

    i am looking for an open source c interpreter. Thanks ;-) ,
    yuesefa, Oct 1, 2006

  2. yuesefa

    Cong Wang Guest

    yuesefa wrote:
    > i am looking for an open source c interpreter. Thanks ;-) ,

    As far as I know, writing a small C interpreter with Bash is NOT a hard
    work. ;-p
    Cong Wang, Oct 1, 2006

  3. yuesefa

    clayne Guest

    yuesefa wrote:
    > i am looking for an open source c interpreter. Thanks ;-) ,

    gcc
    clayne, Oct 1, 2006
  4. yuesefa

    backasswards Guest

    clayne wrote:
    > yuesefa wrote:
    > > i am looking for an open source c interpreter. Thanks ;-) ,

    > gcc

    I was going to say that :)
    backasswards, Oct 1, 2006
  5. yuesefa said:

    > i am looking for an open source c interpreter. Thanks ;-) ,

    http://root.cern.ch/root/Cint.html

    I was going to tell you about EiC but I couldn't find it anywhere!

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999
    Richard Heathfield, Oct 1, 2006

  6. > yuesefa wrote:
    > > i am looking for an open source c interpreter. Thanks ;-) ,

    TCC (for Tiny C Compiler) is a small, fast, unlimited and safe ANSI C
    compiler. It generates optimized x86 code, and can compile, assemble,
    and link several times faster than 'gcc -O0'. Any C dynamic library
    can be used directly. It includes an optional memory and bounds
    checker, and bounds-checked code can be mixed freely with standard
    code. C script is also supported via the usual hash-bang mechanism.
    .

    --
    /myr
    #!/usr/bin/tcc
    Espen Myrland, Oct 1, 2006
  7. yuesefa

    steve Guest

    steve, Oct 1, 2006
  8. yuesefa

    jmcgill Guest

    Espen Myrland wrote:
    >> yuesefa wrote:
    >>> i am looking for an open source c interpreter. Thanks ;-) ,

    > TCC (for Tiny C Compiler) is a small, fast, unlimited and safe ANSI C
    > compiler.

    But it's not an interpreter?
    jmcgill, Oct 1, 2006
  9. jmcgill <> writes:

    > Espen Myrland wrote:

    > > TCC (for Tiny C Compiler) is a small, fast, unlimited and safe ANSI C
    > > compiler.

    > But it's not an interpreter?

    Frogot to provide a link to the project pages:
    http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/tcc/

    You can invoce it as an interpreter in a posix compatible system with a
    shebang line like ie feks:

    #!/usr/bin/tcc

    Really funny little devil.

    --
    /myr
    Espen Myrland, Oct 1, 2006
  10. Espen Myrland wrote:
    > Frogot to provide a link to the project pages:
    > http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/tcc/

    Okay, so why is tcc reinventing the wheel here rather than just helping the
    gcc project in the first place - possibly with a small-gcc branch, etc.? I
    see the need for ultra small compilation packages - but not for another
    opensource compiler, currently.
    Christopher Layne, Oct 1, 2006
  11. yuesefa

    Michael Mair Guest

    Christopher Layne wrote:
    > Espen Myrland wrote:
    >
    >>Frogot to provide a link to the project pages:
    >>http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/tcc/

    > Okay, so why is tcc reinventing the wheel here rather than just helping the
    > gcc project in the first place - possibly with a small-gcc branch, etc.? I
    > see the need for ultra small compilation packages - but not for another
    > opensource compiler, currently.

    I do not know about the specific reasons of the tcc makers but
    maybe they just _wanted_ to start from scratch or they did not
    want to have a monopoly of open source compilers or they did not
    like the nose of someone at the gcc project or wanted to reserve
    the right to change the license at some point in the future or...

    As far as I am concerned, they are welcome to their own compiler
    and I am happy to know its out there and free :)

    Cheers
    Michael
    Michael Mair, Oct 1, 2006
  12. Christopher Layne wrote:
    > Espen Myrland wrote:
    >> Frogot to provide a link to the project pages:
    >> http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/tcc/

    > Okay, so why is tcc reinventing the wheel here rather than just helping the
    > gcc project in the first place - possibly with a small-gcc branch, etc.? I
    > see the need for ultra small compilation packages - but not for another
    > opensource compiler, currently.

    tcc has different goals than gcc.
    And perhaps the author just thinks it's a fun project to do ?

    It's not interpreter btw. For a C interpreter, search for
    Cint or Ch.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Nils_O=2E_Sel=E5sdal=22?=, Oct 2, 2006
  13. yuesefa

    riedel Guest

    Richard Heathfield schrieb:
    > yuesefa said:
    >

    >>i am looking for an open source c interpreter. Thanks ;-) ,

    > http://root.cern.ch/root/Cint.html
    >
    > I was going to tell you about EiC but I couldn't find it anywhere!

    CINT is developed by Masaharu Goto

    considered Harmful - not!
    riedel, Oct 4, 2006