    performance testing (both local app and test web app running in
    containers e.g tomcat)?

    Thanks.

    Colin Song, Feb 4, 2009

  2. Colin Song, 04.02.2009 10:51:
    > Is there any open source java profiler (like JProfiler) for
    > performance testing (both local app and test web app running in
    > containers e.g tomcat)?
    >
    > Thanks.

    NetBeans has an integrated profiler which does what you describe

    Parts of it are also available as VisualVM (https://visualvm.dev.java.net/) which is part of the JDK since 1.6.0_11

    Thomas

    Thomas Kellerer, Feb 4, 2009

  3. Colin Song

    Sigfried Guest

    Thomas Kellerer a écrit :
    > Colin Song, 04.02.2009 10:51:
    >> Is there any open source java profiler (like JProfiler) for
    >> performance testing (both local app and test web app running in
    >> containers e.g tomcat)?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > NetBeans has an integrated profiler which does what you describe
    >
    > Parts of it are also available as VisualVM
    > (https://visualvm.dev.java.net/) which is part of the JDK since 1.6.0_11

    In can find it in my "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_11\bin", are you sure ?

    Sigfried, Feb 4, 2009
  4. Sigfried, 04.02.2009 12:31:
    > Thomas Kellerer a écrit :
    >> Colin Song, 04.02.2009 10:51:
    >>> Is there any open source java profiler (like JProfiler) for
    >>> performance testing (both local app and test web app running in
    >>> containers e.g tomcat)?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.

    >> NetBeans has an integrated profiler which does what you describe
    >>
    >> Parts of it are also available as VisualVM
    >> (https://visualvm.dev.java.net/) which is part of the JDK since 1.6.0_11

    > In can find it in my "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_11\bin", are you
    > sure ?

    I'm pretty sure. It was already included in _10

    c:\jdk16\bin>java -version
    java version "1.6.0_10"
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 11.0-b15, mixed mode, sharing)

    c:\jdk16\bin>dir *visual*
    Volume in drive C is ........
    Volume Serial Number is ..........

    Directory of c:\jdk16\bin

    16.10.2008 15:14 36.352 jvisualvm.exe
    1 File(s) 36.352 bytes
    0 Dir(s) 28.369.981.440 bytes free
    c:\jdk16\bin>

    Thomas

    Thomas Kellerer, Feb 4, 2009
  5. Colin Song

    Colin Song Guest

    On Feb 4, 6:03 pm, Thomas Kellerer <> wrote:

    > NetBeans has an integrated profiler which does what you describe
    >
    > Parts of it are also available as VisualVM (https://visualvm.dev.java.net/) which is part of the JDK since 1.6.0_11
    >
    > Thomas

    Thanks , Thomas

    Colin Song, Feb 5, 2009
  6. Colin Song

    bknight Guest

    On Feb 5, 4:36 pm, Colin Song <> wrote:
    > On Feb 4, 6:03 pm, Thomas Kellerer <> wrote:
    >
    > > NetBeans has an integrated profiler which does what you describe

    > > Parts of it are also available as VisualVM (https://visualvm.dev.java.net/) which is part of the JDK since 1.6.0_11

    > > Thomas

    > Thanks , Thomas

    Eclipse TPTP (http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/home/downloads/) is also a
    good profiler.

    bknight, Feb 6, 2009
  7. Colin Song

    blue indigo Guest

    On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 11:03:00 +0100, Thomas Kellerer wrote:

    > Colin Song, 04.02.2009 10:51:
    >> Is there any open source java profiler (like JProfiler) for
    >> performance testing (both local app and test web app running in
    >> containers e.g tomcat)?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > NetBeans has an integrated profiler which does what you describe
    >
    > Parts of it are also available as VisualVM (https://visualvm.dev.java.net/)
    > which is part of the JDK since 1.6.0_11

    And NetBeans itself is free.

    --
    blue indigo
    UA Telecom since 1987

    blue indigo, Feb 8, 2009
  8. Colin Song

    pinto

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2009
    Messages:
    12
    You can also try "YourKit" that is also pretty good one

    pinto, Feb 12, 2009