Is there any human alive that can answer this question?

Enrico Palazo

I've asked on every forum that I can find, I'll try here.

Why would "smartnavigation" work on some .net servers and not others.

"smartnavigation is buggy", will not be accepted as an answer.

Reward for anyone that can solve my problem.

Hermit Dave

smart navigation should work across servers...
cause i think it uses javascript to mark the postion prior to postback....
so that i cant be positioned back....

would say it could be a browser issue rather than a server issue...

Enrico Palazo

It works on my local server, I've seen it work on other servers. But when I
upload it to any of the three host's .net servers, no worky.

No one knows why.

Thanks

Hermit Dave

try searching for smartnavigation under all the ms dotnet ngs...

you would see that a few people have had issues... you also might want to go
a google search for smartnavition issue

hth

Enrico Palazo

I've spent countless hours doing just that. No one knows. It will continue
to be one of life's great mysteries.

Alvin Bruney

Check to make sure the smartnavigation.js file is placed in the correct
directory on the server. That is most likely your problem.

Enrico Palazo

They're there. Ive tried running my app. from diffrernt places in relation
to those files, but that didn't work either.