    i wanna implement an c/c++ editor that could edit .h,.cpp file, if
    there's an open source c/c++ parser, my job would be much eaiser,
    thanks in advance :)

    thinktwice, Apr 21, 2006

  2. thinktwice

    Guest

    a text editer?

    , Apr 21, 2006

  3. thinktwice

    thinktwice Guest

    c/c++ code editor. (with classview function etc.)
    in order to organize the classview i have to analyze the .h,cpp file,
    it's a complex task ,right? if there's any open source project could
    achieve this , that would help a lot

    thinktwice, Apr 21, 2006
  4. thinktwice

    benben Guest

    thinktwice wrote:
    > c/c++ code editor. (with classview function etc.)
    > in order to organize the classview i have to analyze the .h,cpp file,
    > it's a complex task ,right? if there's any open source project could
    > achieve this , that would help a lot

    Surely g++ is open source and has a C++ parser that I believe is
    hand-crafted in a recursive descent manner. However, I have never
    bothered to look into the (very complex) gcc source code before.

    Regards,
    Ben

    benben, Apr 21, 2006
  5. thinktwice

    Noah Roberts Guest

    thinktwice wrote:
    > i wanna implement an c/c++ editor that could edit .h,.cpp file, if
    > there's an open source c/c++ parser, my job would be much eaiser,
    > thanks in advance :)

    Well, there are code editors that do this that are open source.
    KDevelop does I think, as does XEmacs given the right lisp programs
    (cc-mode, speedbar, eide...)

    Noah Roberts, Apr 21, 2006
  6. thinktwice

    Bill Baka Guest

    thinktwice wrote:
    > i wanna implement an c/c++ editor that could edit .h,.cpp file, if
    > there's an open source c/c++ parser, my job would be much eaiser,
    > thanks in advance :)

    What ever happened to pc-lint? It was common about 15 years back. Did it
    just get dropped?
    Bill Baka

    Bill Baka, Apr 21, 2006
  7. thinktwice

    Guest

    Lex & Yaac. Flex and Bison.

    , Apr 21, 2006
  8. thinktwice

    Ian Collins Guest

    wrote:
    > Lex & Yaac. Flex and Bison.

    Are these random musings, or a response to something?

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Apr 21, 2006
  9. http://www.antlr.org/

    Kari Hallfast, Apr 21, 2006
  10. thinktwice

    Noah Roberts Guest

    Kari Hallfast wrote:
    > http://www.antlr.org/

    Antlr fits nicely with the likes of Yacc and Lex...parser _generators_.
    OP asked for a parser because they are too lazy to write one (me too).
    Pointing out several open source parser generators ain't what they
    asked for so doing so without mentioning that they are not, in fact,
    parsers seems rather rude to me.

    Noah Roberts, Apr 21, 2006
  11. thinktwice

    Jerry Coffin Guest

    In article <1145617945.412042.300520
    @t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    says...
    > Lex & Yaac. Flex and Bison.

    A C++ parser has a number of requirements that are quite
    difficult to meet with these tools.

    --
    Later,
    Jerry.