is there any open source c/c++ parser available?

thinktwice

i wanna implement an c/c++ editor that could edit .h,.cpp file, if
there's an open source c/c++ parser, my job would be much eaiser,
thanks in advance :)

thinktwice

c/c++ code editor. (with classview function etc.)
in order to organize the classview i have to analyze the .h,cpp file,
it's a complex task ,right? if there's any open source project could
achieve this , that would help a lot

benben

thinktwice said:
c/c++ code editor. (with classview function etc.)
in order to organize the classview i have to analyze the .h,cpp file,
it's a complex task ,right? if there's any open source project could
achieve this , that would help a lot

Surely g++ is open source and has a C++ parser that I believe is
hand-crafted in a recursive descent manner. However, I have never
bothered to look into the (very complex) gcc source code before.

Regards,
Ben

Noah Roberts

thinktwice said:
i wanna implement an c/c++ editor that could edit .h,.cpp file, if
there's an open source c/c++ parser, my job would be much eaiser,
thanks in advance :)

Well, there are code editors that do this that are open source.
KDevelop does I think, as does XEmacs given the right lisp programs
(cc-mode, speedbar, eide...)

Bill Baka

thinktwice said:
i wanna implement an c/c++ editor that could edit .h,.cpp file, if
there's an open source c/c++ parser, my job would be much eaiser,
thanks in advance :)
What ever happened to pc-lint? It was common about 15 years back. Did it
just get dropped?
Bill Baka

Noah Roberts

Kari said:

Antlr fits nicely with the likes of Yacc and Lex...parser _generators_.
OP asked for a parser because they are too lazy to write one (me too).
Pointing out several open source parser generators ain't what they
asked for so doing so without mentioning that they are not, in fact,
parsers seems rather rude to me.

Jerry Coffin

@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
(e-mail address removed) says...
Lex & Yaac. Flex and Bison.

A C++ parser has a number of requirements that are quite
difficult to meet with these tools.