Is there any project like Zope or Plone?

steven_todd_harris

Funny,

I just asked that same question except mine read, is their anything
like nuke
in ruby other than rails. Of course nuke is kind of like zope and plone
I think
but is in php. I got responses so I'm guessing the answer is a big fat
no. I'd
be interested in writing something but I'm not sure I have the time
right now.

trans. (T. Onoma)

On Friday 10 December 2004 12:16 am, bin liu wrote:
| Is there any project like Zope or Plone in Ruby except Rails?

Not really.

The idea of "Rope" has been mentioned a number of times, but never really
pursued. Rails, I suppose is the closest thing around, albeit there are a
number of other apps like Rails as well: IOWA, Nitro, etc. I recently
mentioned to David Heinemeier Hansson (Rails author) the idea of combining
his Instiki with Rails to make a Zope killer. No go.

I was programming with Zope before I made the switch to Ruby. There are some
really nice features that I miss when coding web apps. I sometimes consider
what "Rope" would be like. I would certainly do some things differently.
Ironically, much of my work seems to be converging on it. But then again, it
may just be to hang myself with ;)

My 2 rubelites,
T.

gabriele renzi

(e-mail address removed) ha scritto:
Funny,

I just asked that same question except mine read, is their anything
like nuke
in ruby other than rails. Of course nuke is kind of like zope and plone
I think
but is in php.

not really. Plone is somewhat like a nuke, in the sense of being a CMS
(but there are *huge differencies*). Zope is just the underlying engine.

Actually, If you look for application server-ish stuff in ruby you will
find stuff (I.e. I am thinking of Cerise on rubyforge).
Put 'server' in the search box at rubyforge.org.

George Moschovitis

I was programming with Zope before I made the switch to Ruby. There are some
really nice features that I miss when coding web apps. I sometimes consider

I havent used Zope that much. Can you elaborate on those 'nice'
features? Perhaps I can include one or two in Nitro.

-g.

bruno modulix

Funny,

I just asked that same question except mine read, is their anything
like nuke
in ruby other than rails. Of course nuke is kind of like zope and plone
I think

Then you're plain wrong. Zope is an application server.

bruno modulix

George said:
I havent used Zope that much. Can you elaborate on those 'nice'
features? Perhaps I can include one or two in Nitro.

Acquisition, ZopePageTemplates...