    Please tell me.

    by
    Vellingiri.
    Vellingiri Arul, Sep 20, 2007

  2. Vellingiri Arul

    7stud -- Guest

    Vellingiri Arul wrote:
    > Hai Friends,
    > Is there any separate editor for ruby?
    > If it is there Please you could tell to me.
    > where I can getting the package,I am RedHat EL4 version OS.
    > how i am going to install that package.I heard that one separate editor
    > is there.
    > I am not sure,with that I have asking to you.
    > Please tell me.
    >
    > by
    > Vellingiri.

    $ vim myfile.rb
    7stud --, Sep 20, 2007

  3. Vellingiri Arul

    7stud -- Guest

    7stud --, Sep 20, 2007
  4. 7stud -- wrote:
    > Vellingiri Arul wrote:
    >> Hai Friends,
    >> Is there any separate editor for ruby?
    >> If it is there Please you could tell to me.
    >> where I can getting the package,I am RedHat EL4 version OS.
    >> how i am going to install that package.I heard that one separate editor
    >> is there.
    >> I am not sure,with that I have asking to you.
    >> Please tell me.
    >>
    >> by
    >> Vellingiri.

    > $ vim myfile.rb

    Dear Friend,
    Other that that vi,emacs,vim,is there any editor is there.
    Vellingiri Arul, Sep 20, 2007
  5. On 20 Sep 2007, at 17:25, Vellingiri Arul wrote:

    > 7stud -- wrote:
    >> Vellingiri Arul wrote:
    >>> Hai Friends,
    >>> Is there any separate editor for ruby?
    >>> If it is there Please you could tell to me.
    >>> where I can getting the package,I am RedHat EL4 version OS.
    >>> how i am going to install that package.I heard that one separate
    >>> editor
    >>> is there.
    >>> I am not sure,with that I have asking to you.
    >>> Please tell me.
    >>>
    >>> by
    >>> Vellingiri.

    >> $ vim myfile.rb

    > Dear Friend,
    > Other that that vi,emacs,vim,is there any editor is there.

    This is a very frequently asked question and there are many options
    available. Your best bet is probably to search the archives for the
    last big thread.

    Alex Gutteridge

    Bioinformatics Center
    Kyoto University
    Alex Gutteridge, Sep 20, 2007
  6. Maarten van den Ende, Sep 20, 2007
  7. Vellingiri Arul

    Alex Shulgin Guest

    Re: Is there any separate editor for ruby?

    On Sep 20, 11:25 am, Vellingiri Arul <>
    wrote:
    > 7stud -- wrote:
    >
    > > $ vim myfile.rb

    > Dear Friend,
    > Other that that vi,emacs,vim,is there any editor is there.

    Why would you want a _separate_ editor program in the first place? Do
    you know any example of such an editor suitable exclusively for some
    other programming language? Can you estimate how much time/effort
    would it take to develop a working editor for every new programming
    language? ;-)

    I use GNU Emacs with ruby-mode and I'm pretty happy with it. Please
    no holy wars...

    --
    Cheers,
    Alex