    i m relatively new to this group. i just want to know, is there any
    site which can provide any help on advanced C topics such as machine
    interaction through C, memory management through C etc
    ashu, Jan 24, 2006

  2. ashu <> wrote:

    > i m relatively new to this group. i just want to know, is there any
    > site which can provide any help on advanced C topics such as machine
    > interaction through C, memory management through C etc

    Memory management is not an advanced topic. If you can't handle
    malloc() and free(), find another language.

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Jan 24, 2006

  3. ashu

    D.Hering Guest

    Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:
    > ashu <> wrote:
    >
    > > i m relatively new to this group. i just want to know, is there any
    > > site which can provide any help on advanced C topics such as machine
    > > interaction through C, memory management through C etc

    > Memory management is not an advanced topic. If you can't handle
    > malloc() and free(), find another language.
    >
    > --
    > Christopher Benson-Manica | I *should* know what I'm talking about - if I
    > ataru(at)cyberspace.org | don't, I need to know. Flames welcome.

    There isn't need to beat-up on the guy... Is there.
    D.Hering, Jan 24, 2006
  4. Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:
    > ashu <> wrote:
    >
    > > i m relatively new to this group. i just want to know, is there any
    > > site which can provide any help on advanced C topics such as machine
    > > interaction through C, memory management through C etc

    > Memory management is not an advanced topic. If you can't handle
    > malloc() and free(), find another language.
    >
    > --
    > Christopher Benson-Manica | I *should* know what I'm talking about - if I
    > ataru(at)cyberspace.org | don't, I need to know. Flames welcome.

    Seems overly harsh. There can be interesting memory managment
    issues such as reference counting, garbage collection, tools
    for analyzing memory usage/corruption/etc, overriding/replacing
    library *alloc/free, writing and using your own memory management
    scheme, etc. Some of which are on topic here, some not.

    As for the OP, I don't have any references handy, sorry.
    But it is a perfectly fine question. For the machine interaction part,
    you might ask in groups dedicated to your target platform(s) and
    get some good pointers there. I don't think interaction with the
    hardware via "C" is a generic/portable enough question to get useful

    -David
    David Resnick, Jan 24, 2006
  5. ashu

    Guest

    David:

    I think you should start with some book of C programming. Something
    like "Absolute Beginner's Guide to C" by Greg Perry. This will give you
    the basic knowledge.

    Hope this help.

    David Resnick ha escrito:

    > Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:
    > > ashu <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > i m relatively new to this group. i just want to know, is there any
    > > > site which can provide any help on advanced C topics such as machine
    > > > interaction through C, memory management through C etc

    > > Memory management is not an advanced topic. If you can't handle
    > > malloc() and free(), find another language.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Christopher Benson-Manica | I *should* know what I'm talking about - if I
    > > ataru(at)cyberspace.org | don't, I need to know. Flames welcome.

    > Seems overly harsh. There can be interesting memory managment
    > issues such as reference counting, garbage collection, tools
    > for analyzing memory usage/corruption/etc, overriding/replacing
    > library *alloc/free, writing and using your own memory management
    > scheme, etc. Some of which are on topic here, some not.
    >
    > As for the OP, I don't have any references handy, sorry.
    > But it is a perfectly fine question. For the machine interaction part,
    > you might ask in groups dedicated to your target platform(s) and
    > get some good pointers there. I don't think interaction with the
    > hardware via "C" is a generic/portable enough question to get useful
    >
    > -David
    , Jan 25, 2006
  6. wrote:
    > David:
    >
    > I think you should start with some book of C programming. Something
    > like "Absolute Beginner's Guide to C" by Greg Perry. This will give you
    > the basic knowledge.
    >
    > Hope this help.
    >

    > David Resnick ha escrito:
    >
    > > Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:

    > > > Memory management is not an advanced topic. If you can't handle
    > > > malloc() and free(), find another language.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Christopher Benson-Manica | I *should* know what I'm talking about - if I
    > > > ataru(at)cyberspace.org | don't, I need to know. Flames welcome.

    > > Seems overly harsh. There can be interesting memory managment
    > > issues such as reference counting, garbage collection, tools
    > > for analyzing memory usage/corruption/etc, overriding/replacing
    > > library *alloc/free, writing and using your own memory management
    > > scheme, etc. Some of which are on topic here, some not.
    > >
    > > As for the OP, I don't have any references handy, sorry.
    > > But it is a perfectly fine question. For the machine interaction part,
    > > you might ask in groups dedicated to your target platform(s) and
    > > get some good pointers there. I don't think interaction with the
    > > hardware via "C" is a generic/portable enough question to get useful
    > >
    > > -David

    Please don't top post, and also I wasn't the person asking the
    question.
    While my knowledge of C is perhaps not complete, I think the
    "Absolute Beginners Guide" isn't called for :)

    -David
    David Resnick, Jan 25, 2006
  7. ashu

    CBFalconer Guest

    David Resnick wrote:
    > wrote:
    >>
    >> I think you should start with some book of C programming.
    >> Something like "Absolute Beginner's Guide to C" by Greg Perry.
    >> This will give you the basic knowledge.

    .... snip ...

    > Please don't top post, and also I wasn't the person asking the
    > question. While my knowledge of C is perhaps not complete, I
    > think the "Absolute Beginners Guide" isn't called for :)

    The millenium has arrived! Two googlers, both of whom quote, and
    one who knows better than to top-post.

    CBFalconer, Jan 25, 2006
  8. CBFalconer wrote:

    > The millenium has arrived! Two googlers, both of whom quote, and
    > one who knows better than to top-post.

    I've been posting on usenet since 1989, so I'm not exactly the
    normal "googler" who discovered this medium via google groups.
    And I now just use google groups from work, I have better
    access at home.

    -David
    David Resnick, Jan 26, 2006