    of any value)?
    Thanks for help
    Ladislav

    A, Jul 7, 2003

  2. A

    Peter Hansen Guest

    A wrote:

    > I have a program that downloads some web pages. Sometimes there is a poor internet
    > connection and my script freezes( hangs) and does not download ALL pages.
    > Is there any solution how to test if the program works and if not re-start it from the point
    > where it stopped?
    > Or simply how to download ALL pages eventhough there is a timeout connection( can be
    > of any value)?

    I would think (not that I do this kind of thing often) that there would be
    a better program than the one you are using, which can suck down all files
    in a site *and* handle timeouts, which is obviously a pretty common problem.

    Or is there a reason you want to use Python specifically? Sounds more like
    make-work to me.

    -Peter

    Peter Hansen, Jul 7, 2003