Is there any stable and high performance concurrency library likejava one?

Carfield Yim

I move to C++ development from Java background, and missed
java.util.concurrent a lot. However have done a google check but
cannot found any relavance library, will anyone in this group know any?

Alf P. Steinbach

* Carfield Yim:
I move to C++ development from Java background, and missed
java.util.concurrent a lot. However have done a google check but
cannot found any relavance library, will anyone in this group know any?

Don't know what you're asking because I'm not (any longer, at least) familiar
with java.util.concurrent. Is it just threads, or e.g. massive parallelism,
what, what, what? For threads consider e.g. Boost library threads; it's
essentially what you'll have in C++0x later on.

Cheers & hth.,

- Alf

zr

I move to C++ development from Java background, and missed
java.util.concurrent a lot. However have done a google check but
cannot found any relavance library, will anyone in this group know any?

If you need a cross-platform solution, you can use Threading Building
Blocks or OpenMP.
If you are programming a specific platform you may have a wider
variety of choices, such as Thread Pools on Windows.

Carfield Yim

Don't know what you're asking because I'm not (any longer, at least) familiar
with java.util.concurrent. Is it just threads, or e.g. massive parallelism,
what, what, what?  For threads consider e.g. Boost library threads; it's
essentially what you'll have in C++0x later on.
Don't think boost provide any thread safe Collections, like concurrent
access safe hash_map, or I am wrong?