Is there any way to see why a session is ending?

Big Daddy

I have an ASP.NET application where the user will be right in the
middle of doing something and the sessions ends and then it blows up
because I have stored some things in the Session hashtable. I know
it's not ending because of the usual culprits (timeout, web.config file
changing, anti-virus software scanning the dll, etc.). So I am
wondering if there is a way to ask IIS why the session ended. It could
be programmatically or it could be manually looking in an IIS log
somewhere or anything else. thanks in advance.

MSDN

BD,

Does this happen to all users using the system at the same time.
Are users uploading files?
could it be that the ASP.NET Process is recycling for some reason. You IIS?
I have seen at times when memory is low on the server sessions can drop out.
!!?
I would like to hear the solution from someone that really knows.
What are the possibilities?

SA

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,

Big said:
I have an ASP.NET application where the user will be right in the
middle of doing something and the sessions ends and then it blows up
because I have stored some things in the Session hashtable. I know
it's not ending because of the usual culprits (timeout, web.config file
changing, anti-virus software scanning the dll, etc.). So I am
wondering if there is a way to ask IIS why the session ended. It could
be programmatically or it could be manually looking in an IIS log
somewhere or anything else. thanks in advance.

Are you on IIS 5 or IIS 6? (Windows XP or Windows 2003 Server?)

On the Server version, there is a setting which automatically recycles
the working process periodically, and IIRC when the memory gets full. I
don't have a copy here, but check IIS' help for more information.

HTH,
Laurent