Is there anyone here familiar with borland j++?

Discussion in 'Java' started by nukleus, Jan 29, 2007.

  1. nukleus

    nukleus Guest

    I am having a hard time with borland J++.
    I wonder if anyone knows what this all means...

    I have some frame classes and created an app,
    using borland primarily as a GUI editor.

    Everything worked in their previous version,
    but when i tried it with a newer version, i get this
    error message:

    "NewsArchiveFrameApp.java": Package
    H:projects\Test\src\NewsArchiveFrame\NewsArchiveFrameApp.java
    stated in source News does not match directory
    H:projects\Test\src\NewsArchiveFrame\NewsArchiveFrameApp.java.
    at line 5, column 9

    How could this possibly be the case?
    It is EXACTLY the same file,
    and all the paths point to it.

    Paths:

    Output path: H:/Projects/Test/classes
    Working directory: H:/Projects/Network/NewsMaestro/Java/Test
    Source: H:/Projects/Network/NewsMaestro/Java/src

    What does this error mean?
    Here is few lines from the source file in error:

    -------------------------
    package News;

    import java.awt.*;

    public class NewsArchiveFrameApp {
    boolean packFrame = false;
    // ...
    }

    -------------------------

    Thanks.

    nukleus, Jan 29, 2007

  2. nukleus

    Lew Guest

    nukleus wrote:
    > I am having a hard time with borland J++.

    I thought J++ was a Microsoft product.

    - Lew

    Lew, Jan 29, 2007

  3. On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 07:19:53 -0800, Lew <> wrote:
    > nukleus wrote:
    >
    >> I am having a hard time with borland J++.

    > I thought J++ was a Microsoft product.

    Well, since it's not called "Java," it certainly can't be "Java."

    --
    Randolf Richardson -
    The Lumber Cartel, local 42 (Canadian branch)

    Randolf Richardson, Jan 29, 2007
  4. nukleus

    Jeff Guest

    On Jan 29, 4:38 pm, "Randolf Richardson" <kingpin
    > wrote:
    > On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 07:19:53 -0800, Lew <> wrote:
    > > nukleus wrote:

    > >> I am having a hard time with borland J++.

    > > I thought J++ was a Microsoft product. Well, since it's not called "Java," it certainly can't be "Java."

    > --
    > Randolf Richardson -
    > The Lumber Cartel, local 42 (Canadian branch)http://www.lumbercartel.ca

    In answer to the op's question (rather than drivel about this actually
    being Borland JBuilder rather than j++), I suspect that a pointer in
    the project has not translated well with the upgrade to a new version.
    I suggest removing the file from the project, then importing the file
    again into the project. Hopefully the pointers will then be
    straightened out and it will compile.

    Jeff, Jan 29, 2007
  5. nukleus

    nukleus Guest

    In article <>, "Jeff"
    <> wrote:

    >On Jan 29, 4:38 pm, "Randolf Richardson" <kingpin
    >> wrote:

    >> > I thought J++ was a Microsoft product. Well, since it's not called

    > "Java," it certainly can't be "Java."
    >>
    >> --
    >> Randolf Richardson -
    >> The Lumber Cartel, local 42 (Canadian branch)http://www.lumbercartel.ca

    >In answer to the op's question (rather than drivel about this actually
    >being Borland JBuilder rather than j++),

    Yep.

    >I suspect that a pointer in
    >the project has not translated well with the upgrade to a new version.
    >I suggest removing the file from the project, then importing the file
    >again into the project. Hopefully the pointers will then be
    >straightened out and it will compile.

    Thanks, appreciated.

    nukleus, Jan 30, 2007