Is there anything "better" than impalib/poplib?

Alessandro Bottoni

Is there any module or interface that allow the programmer to access a
imap4/pop3 server in a more pythonic (or Object Oriented) way than the
usual imaplib and popolib?

I mean: is there any module that would allow me to query the server for
specific messages (and fetch them) in a way similar to a OODB?

TIA

Thomas Guettler

Am Wed, 07 Sep 2005 10:14:45 +0000 schrieb Alessandro Bottoni:
Is there any module or interface that allow the programmer to access a
imap4/pop3 server in a more pythonic (or Object Oriented) way than the
usual imaplib and popolib?

I mean: is there any module that would allow me to query the server for
specific messages (and fetch them) in a way similar to a OODB?

AFAIK there is not a "better" module. There is "getmail" a
python script (and module) which can download messages from a pop3
server. I use it instead of fetchmail. Maybe you like this
more than poplib.

HTH,
Thomas