Is there anything like ASP.NET for Python web apps ?

rytoy

That is dragging web 'controls' to the page in design mode, binding
controls to datasources, and writing code for events like "page_load"
or "button1_click" ?

I need to write a few small cross-platform, data-driven web apps
(and I really hate J2EE...)

Ravi Teja

If what you want is a web IDE that supports visual development, no
standalone Python IDE has such support. But you can use Python in IDEs
that do support these features.

1.) ActiveGrid (http://www.activegrid.com/) - closest visual web IDE
where Python is a first class member.
2.) Use ASP.NET with Boo or IronPython. Not seamless IDE-wise.
3.) Wait for Coyote to finish (https://coyote.dev.java.net/). It is
still J2EE but you get to use Python. Netbeans, unlike JDev does not
have data bound widgets available.