    Python has a great plotting library http://matplotlib.sf.net It is very
    easy to use with multiple backends GD, GTK, wxPython, AGG. Is there
    anything like that available in ruby?

    mepython, Jan 28, 2005

  2. I have dug up some libs/bindings, don`t know if this is what you want, but
    here we go:
    -Ruby/PGPLOT
    http://www.ir.isas.ac.jp/~masa/ruby/pgplot/index.html
    -Ruby Gnuplot
    http://rgnuplot.sourceforge.net
    -Ruby Mathematica
    http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/1065
    -OctavIO
    http://www.diegm.uniud.it/bernardini/Software/Ruby/octaveio/index.html

    Hope this helps

    </asbjørn>

    Asbjørn Reglund Thorsen, Jan 28, 2005

  3. mepython

    Malte Harder Guest

    mepython wrote:
    > Python has a great plotting library http://matplotlib.sf.net It is very
    > easy to use with multiple backends GD, GTK, wxPython, AGG. Is there
    > anything like that available in ruby?

    I'm currently working on plotting library in ruby which uses rmagick as
    output. But I don't think that it will have such a big feature list in
    the near future. I don't even know when it will be released. I'm going
    to announce it here when a first version is finished.

    Malte

    Malte Harder, Jan 28, 2005