    Thank you very much for any info,
    Krist

    , Jun 28, 2005

  2. Bryce Guest

    On 28 Jun 2005 01:38:26 -0700, wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am looking for another framework like Oracle ADF to be used with Java
    >IDE other than JDeveloper.
    >
    >We have found that ADF makes development easier, BUT today there is
    >anouncement from Oracle that ADF is 5K per processor or USD 100 per
    >named user. (if deployed into other than Oracle IAS)
    >
    >This is shocking for marketing.
    >
    >Could any body please tell me, what are other (cheaper) product that is
    >comparable to Oracle ADF ?

    JSF?

    MyFaces?
    http://www.myfaces.org/

    --
    now with more cowbell

    Bryce, Jun 28, 2005

  3. Malte Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for another framework like Oracle ADF to be used with Java
    > IDE other than JDeveloper.
    >
    > We have found that ADF makes development easier, BUT today there is
    > anouncement from Oracle that ADF is 5K per processor or USD 100 per
    > named user. (if deployed into other than Oracle IAS)
    >
    > This is shocking for marketing.
    >
    > Could any body please tell me, what are other (cheaper) product that is
    > comparable to Oracle ADF ?
    >
    > Thank you very much for any info,
    > Krist

    If you already use Oracle AppServer it is my understanding from the
    announcement that adf runtime is free.

    Malte, Jun 28, 2005
  4. Malte Guest

    Bryce wrote:
    > On 28 Jun 2005 01:38:26 -0700, wrote:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I am looking for another framework like Oracle ADF to be used with Java
    >>IDE other than JDeveloper.
    >>
    >>We have found that ADF makes development easier, BUT today there is
    >>anouncement from Oracle that ADF is 5K per processor or USD 100 per
    >>named user. (if deployed into other than Oracle IAS)
    >>
    >>This is shocking for marketing.
    >>
    >>Could any body please tell me, what are other (cheaper) product that is
    >>comparable to Oracle ADF ?

    > JSF?
    >
    > MyFaces?
    > http://www.myfaces.org/
    >
    > --
    > now with more cowbell

    Got very little in common with adf, I am afraid.

    Malte, Jun 28, 2005

    Yes if we deploy on Oracle AppServer.
    But we want to be able to deploy into Tomcat, JBoss etc.. now its not
    free..

    regards

    , Jun 28, 2005
  6. Bryce Guest

    On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:18:34 +0200, Malte
    <> wrote:

    >Bryce wrote:
    >> On 28 Jun 2005 01:38:26 -0700, wrote:
    >>
    >>>Could any body please tell me, what are other (cheaper) product that is
    >>>comparable to Oracle ADF ?

    >> JSF?
    >>
    >> MyFaces?
    >> http://www.myfaces.org/

    >Got very little in common with adf, I am afraid.

    You sure about that? I thought ADF were Oracle's JSF components...

    --
    now with more cowbell

    Bryce, Jun 28, 2005
  7. Malte Guest

    Bryce wrote:
    > On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:18:34 +0200, Malte
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Bryce wrote:

    >>>JSF?
    >>>
    >>>MyFaces?
    >>>http://www.myfaces.org/

    >>Got very little in common with adf, I am afraid.

    > You sure about that? I thought ADF were Oracle's JSF components...
    >
    > --
    > now with more cowbell

    Look it up!

    Malte, Jun 28, 2005
  8. Bryce Guest

    On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:22:02 +0200, Malte
    <> wrote:

    >Bryce wrote:
    >> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:18:34 +0200, Malte
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>Got very little in common with adf, I am afraid.

    >> You sure about that? I thought ADF were Oracle's JSF components...
    >>
    >> --
    >> now with more cowbell

    >Look it up!

    http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/htdocs/partners/addins/exchange/jsf/index.html

    First Paragraph:
    "Oracle ADF Faces is a rich set of user interface components based on
    the new JavaServer Faces JSR (JSR-127). "

    States they are JSF components. MyFaces are JSF components. So I think
    they have more than a "little" in common. Yea, ADF components are nice
    though...

    --
    now with more cowbell

    Bryce, Jun 29, 2005

    Just to clarify ADF != ADF Faces
    ADF Faces (which are a rich set of JSF components) is just one layer of
    the full ADF framework.
    ADF also has parts that handle O/R mapping and persistence as well as
    data binding into your jsp/struts or JSP or Swing applications.
    Have a look at this short demo:
    http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/viewlets/10g/ADFOverview_viewlet_swf.html

    And the way you should think of it is not that you pay 5k per ADF CPU -
    because it won't make much sense given that you can get the full Oracle
    AS Java Edition with ADF for the same price.

    , Jun 30, 2005

    Hi gevat,

    menuliskan: > Just to clarify ADF != ADF Faces
    > And the way you should think of it is not that you pay 5k per ADF CPU -
    > because it won't make much sense given that you can get the full Oracle
    > AS Java Edition with ADF for the same price.

    Yes.. I know it, but my problem is to customer that does not want to
    pay 5k for Oracle AS Java Edition.. We must use other framework..
    We must find the cheaper one

    regards.

    , Jun 30, 2005
  11. Malte Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi gevat,
    >
    > menuliskan: > Just to clarify ADF != ADF Faces
    >
    >>And the way you should think of it is not that you pay 5k per ADF CPU -
    >>because it won't make much sense given that you can get the full Oracle
    >>AS Java Edition with ADF for the same price.

    > Yes.. I know it, but my problem is to customer that does not want to
    > pay 5k for Oracle AS Java Edition.. We must use other framework..
    > We must find the cheaper one
    >
    > regards.

    Wonder what it will cost to bring another 'cheaper' solution up to the
    capabilities of another, 'less cheap' solution. Customers never cease to
    amaze me.

    Malte, Jun 30, 2005