Is there anyway to remove focus from the "Yes" button of a confirm prompt?

Jeremy Redmond

I want to prompt the user to confirm a delete, however, I am paranoid
that they may accidentally hit enter key and delete. (you know how
data enters will just cruise through messages)

Anyway.... any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to
have to use the "response" function instead.

Jeremy

Randy Webb

Jeremy said:
I want to prompt the user to confirm a delete, however, I am paranoid
that they may accidentally hit enter key and delete. (you know how
data enters will just cruise through messages)

Then reverse the logic. Instead of letting Yes delete the record, have
Yes retain the record.
Anyway.... any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to
have to use the "response" function instead.

Whats the "response function"? Never heard of it.

Jeremy Redmond

I unfortunately can't do it that way.
The specs sent to us by hospital staff want the dialog to be certain
ways. (ugh!)

I do like the approach though... any other ways?

I must have gotten the name wrong with the response function.
I am fairly new to JS (don't like to use it much at all ... mostly do
serve-side stuff). Anyway, I thought there was an alert-like function
that expected a "response" back from user.

Any other ideas?