    --
    Regards,
    Casey

    Casey Hawthorne, Jan 24, 2009

  2. Re: Is there anyway Vpython and pyODE can be made to work with newerversions of Python 2.6.1 etc. without a lot of changes to source code?

    Casey Hawthorne wrote:
    > Is there anyway Vpython and pyODE can be made to work with newer
    > versions of Python 2.6.1 etc. without a lot of changes to source code?
    >
    > I suppose I'm thinking of an extra layer of indirection, which might
    > slow things down to much.

    Aren't this just Python libraries that include extension modules (i. e.
    modules written in C to interface external C libraries). If so, there is
    a good chance that just compiling them against Python 2.6 works out of
    the box. Otherwise the adjustments necessary will be just minor ones.

    Python 3.0 compatibility is a different issue, though (more work).

    -- Gerhard

    Gerhard Häring, Jan 24, 2009