Is there anyway with VB.net to force closing of a spreadsheet in E

Guest

I am updating a spreadsheet from vb.net application.

I need to see if the specific .xls file is open and force
closing it before the program updates the spreadhseet using
ADO.net.

Is there anyway to see if the spreadsheet (not excel) is open and close it?

Mark Newby

Neil said:
I am updating a spreadsheet from vb.net application.

I need to see if the specific .xls file is open and force
closing it before the program updates the spreadhseet using
ADO.net.

Is there anyway to see if the spreadsheet (not excel) is open and close it?

have a look at the object model for an Excel Application. then something
like ExcelObject.GetCurrentSession.

perhaps it would be best to ask on an excel newsgroup.