    Best Regards,
    Xie, Bo
    , Jul 21, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > Is there C/C++ corresponding function in Linux for Java's
    > java.util.Locale.getCountry? Thanks!

    There seems to be no C++ standard function, as to Linux, ask
    in a Linux programming newsgroup.

    Victor Bazarov, Jul 21, 2006

  3. Jerry Coffin Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi all,
    > Is there C/C++ corresponding function in Linux for Java's
    > java.util.Locale.getCountry? Thanks!

    I haven't dealt with locales in Java enough to be sure it's truly the
    same, but std::locale::name() retrieves the name of a locale. Usually
    that'll be a combination of the country and language (e.g. it might
    return something designating "Canada/French", not just "Canada").
    Where (and even if) the country code can be found in that string is
    implementation-defined.

    --
    Later,
    Jerry.