Is there JVM implementation using database to store packages?

Jack

In section 7.2.2 of Java Language Specification 3rd, it is mentioned
that a host system may store packages and their compilation units and
subpackages in a database rather than in a file system. The file system
solution has a restriction that there must be at most one public type
(class or interface) per compilation unit. The database solution has no
such restriction. I wonder is there JVM implementation using database
to store packages?

Robert Klemme

Jack said:
In section 7.2.2 of Java Language Specification 3rd, it is mentioned
that a host system may store packages and their compilation units and
subpackages in a database rather than in a file system. The file system
solution has a restriction that there must be at most one public type
(class or interface) per compilation unit. The database solution has no
such restriction. I wonder is there JVM implementation using database
to store packages?

Note that the restriction is *optional* even in the case of file system
storage. A compilation system that would read *all* classes from a
single file and create appropriate Java bytecode would still be valid
(although not very practical).

I really wonder why you ask this question. If you need it you can even
write such a solution yourself, you just need an appropriate classloader.

Kind regards

robert

?

=?ISO-8859-2?Q?Dra=BEen_Gemi=E6?=

Robert said:
Note that the restriction is *optional* even in the case of file system
storage. A compilation system that would read *all* classes from a
single file and create appropriate Java bytecode would still be valid
(although not very practical).

I think that is what usual Groovy script does.

DG