is there problem to work with vs.net on web application and also to the iis to serve web clients ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Patrice, Apr 18, 2005.

  1. Patrice

    Patrice Guest

    Yes it works. In the worst case thought you could hang the server because
    depending on what you are doing...

    Patrice

    --

    "roni" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > hi.
    >
    > if i work with the vs.net on project X ,that is web application
    > is there a problem for the IIS to serve web clients with project Y dlls

    ,at

    ?

    > (i want to develop while other web clients testing other web

    applications )

    Patrice, Apr 18, 2005

  2. Patrice

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi roni:

    You can certainly run into problems trying this - your testers might
    file a bug because they thought something went wrong when in fact you
    just had to restart a service on your development machine, for
    instance. Yes - technically it will 'work', but mightg lead to extra
    work and confusion.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Apr 18, 2005

  3. > meaning, can i server web clients and develop on the IIS at the same time
    > ?

    If I understand you correctly, yes, as long as you aren't developing on the
    SAME server as the one that is being used.

    General rule of thumb: Don't s**t where you eat. You have clients that
    (presumably) pay for 24-7 service on a public web server. Development means
    debugging. Debugging means bugs, and catastrophic failures from time to
    time. Use a development server for development.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP