Is there python module about win32 'Scheduled Tasks' ?

Bart Simpson

Hi,

I want to control 'Scheduled Tasks' in Windows 2003 by python program.

But I couldn't find any Python module about win32 'Scheduled Tasks'.
I could find only Perl module about it. (see http://taskscheduler.sourceforge.net)

But, I want to control 'Scheduled Tasks' by python :)

Is there any python module about win32 'Scheduled Tasks'?
Or, is there another solution?

Thanks!

John Roth

Bart Simpson said:
Hi,

I want to control 'Scheduled Tasks' in Windows 2003 by python program.

But I couldn't find any Python module about win32 'Scheduled Tasks'.
I could find only Perl module about it. (see http://taskscheduler.sourceforge.net)

But, I want to control 'Scheduled Tasks' by python :)

Is there any python module about win32 'Scheduled Tasks'?
Or, is there another solution?

Possibility one - have you tried Google?

Possibility two - convert the Perl module - assuming it works.

John Roth

Roger Upole

I've got a small module to interface with the windows Task Scheduler.
Never tried it with 2003 yet, but it's been tested with
Windows 2000 and WinNT. The only binary I've got right now is for
Python 2.2, but I can recompile it with 2.3 if need be.
Email me if you're interested.
Roger

logistix at cathoderaymission.net

Hi,

I want to control 'Scheduled Tasks' in Windows 2003 by python program.

But I couldn't find any Python module about win32 'Scheduled Tasks'.
I could find only Perl module about it. (see http://taskscheduler.sourceforge.net)

But, I want to control 'Scheduled Tasks' by python :)

Is there any python module about win32 'Scheduled Tasks'?
Or, is there another solution?

Thanks!

Both XP and 2003 include a cli program called 'schtasks.exe'. If
you're doing some limited tasks and not creating a whole new interface
to scheduled tasks, it's probably easiest to use os.popen to execute
schtasks commands. "schtasks /?" should provide documentation for
you.

The "at scheduler" can be accessed via WMI.