    Thanks!

    --
    Y.H. Rhiu

    Bart Simpson, Oct 12, 2003

  2. Bart Simpson

    John Roth Guest

    http://taskscheduler.sourceforge.net)

    > But, I want to control 'Scheduled Tasks' by python :)
    >
    > Is there any python module about win32 'Scheduled Tasks'?
    > Or, is there another solution?

    Possibility one - have you tried Google?

    Possibility two - convert the Perl module - assuming it works.

    John Roth

    John Roth, Oct 12, 2003

  3. Bart Simpson

    Bart Simpson Guest

    "John Roth" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "Bart Simpson" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I want to control 'Scheduled Tasks' in Windows 2003 by python program.
    > >
    > > But I couldn't find any Python module about win32 'Scheduled Tasks'.
    > > I could find only Perl module about it. (see

    > http://taskscheduler.sourceforge.net)
    > >
    > > But, I want to control 'Scheduled Tasks' by python :)
    > >
    > > Is there any python module about win32 'Scheduled Tasks'?
    > > Or, is there another solution?

    > Possibility one - have you tried Google?

    Yes, I searched google and some python communities for last several days.

    But I couldn't find about it.

    > Possibility two - convert the Perl module - assuming it works.

    I'm glad to hear that.

    May I get some hints about converting the Perl module to Python?

    http://taskscheduler.sourceforge.net/taskscheduler.html

    Thanks!

    --

    Y.H. Rhiu

    Bart Simpson, Oct 12, 2003
  4. Bart Simpson

    > > "Bart Simpson" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > I want to control 'Scheduled Tasks' in Windows 2003 by python program.
    > > >
    > > > But I couldn't find any Python module about win32 'Scheduled Tasks'.
    > > > I could find only Perl module about it. (see

    > > http://taskscheduler.sourceforge.net)
    > > >
    > > > But, I want to control 'Scheduled Tasks' by python :)
    > > >
    > > > Is there any python module about win32 'Scheduled Tasks'?
    > > > Or, is there another solution?

    > > Possibility one - have you tried Google?

    > Yes, I searched google and some python communities for last several days.
    >
    > But I couldn't find about it.
    >
    > > Possibility two - convert the Perl module - assuming it works.

    > I'm glad to hear that.
    >
    > May I get some hints about converting the Perl module to Python?
    >
    > http://taskscheduler.sourceforge.net/taskscheduler.html

    The biggest thing I'd look for is what it's doing to Windows
    to interface. Then simply do the same thing in Python.

    John Roth

    John Roth, Oct 12, 2003
  5. Bart Simpson

    Roger Upole Guest

    I've got a small module to interface with the windows Task Scheduler.
    Never tried it with 2003 yet, but it's been tested with
    Windows 2000 and WinNT. The only binary I've got right now is for
    Python 2.2, but I can recompile it with 2.3 if need be.
    Email me if you're interested.
    Roger

    Roger Upole, Oct 12, 2003
  6. (Bart Simpson) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to control 'Scheduled Tasks' in Windows 2003 by python program.
    >
    > But I couldn't find any Python module about win32 'Scheduled Tasks'.
    > I could find only Perl module about it. (see http://taskscheduler.sourceforge.net)
    >
    > But, I want to control 'Scheduled Tasks' by python :)
    >
    > Is there any python module about win32 'Scheduled Tasks'?
    > Or, is there another solution?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Both XP and 2003 include a cli program called 'schtasks.exe'. If
    you're doing some limited tasks and not creating a whole new interface
    to scheduled tasks, it's probably easiest to use os.popen to execute
    schtasks commands. "schtasks /?" should provide documentation for
    you.

    The "at scheduler" can be accessed via WMI.

    logistix at cathoderaymission.net, Oct 13, 2003