Is there shape drawing tool (like PHP) in Ruby?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Sung Soo Kim, Nov 23, 2005.

  1. Sung Soo Kim

    Sung Soo Kim Guest

    I need to draw a simple graphs to post my biological data on web.
    And I also want to add some interactivity into the graph (using like a si=
    miple
    imagemap).
    To do this, I need to know the position of squares or circles on the grap=
    h.
    So, instead of using statistical toolbox to draw the graph and find where
    square and circles are in the graph (which can be scary job), I want to d=
    raw
    the graph by myself and make an imagemap based on my drawing.

    --> The conclusion is that I need a really simple drawing tool that makes=
    it
    possible to draw lines, squares, circles, and some characters, and to sav=
    e the
    result file in GIF format or JPG format.

    Is there any simple drawing library in Ruby? (I'm thinking PHP shape draw=
    ing
    tools... but I don't want to use PHP...)

    =09
    __________________________________=20
    Start your day with Yahoo! - Make it your home page!=20
    http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

    Sung Soo Kim, Nov 23, 2005

  2. Sung Soo Kim

    Hugh Sasse Guest

    On Thu, 24 Nov 2005, Sung Soo Kim wrote:

    > I need to draw a simple graphs to post my biological data on web.
    > And I also want to add some interactivity into the graph (using like a simiple
    > imagemap).

    [...]
    > Is there any simple drawing library in Ruby? (I'm thinking PHP shape drawing
    > tools... but I don't want to use PHP...)

    How is :

    http://www.pinkjuice.com/howto/rubysvg/examples.xhtml

    for you?

    Hugh

    Hugh Sasse, Nov 23, 2005

    http://gd2.rubyforge.org/

    Bob Showalter, Nov 23, 2005
  4. Sung Soo Kim

    Lou Vanek Guest

    ming rocks.
    ming creates swf files on the fly, which can be made interactive.

    I haven't used the ruby binding, but I have used the PHP binding.
    It appears to be an abandoned project, but the ming code is still
    highly functional.

    http://madscientist.jp/~ikegami/ruby/ming/
    http://www16.brinkster.com/gazb/ming/index.html
    http://ming.sourceforge.net/