Is there some reason why warn and die would be very very slow?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Sara, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. Sara

    Sara Guest

    I have some not-unusual warn and die statements in my perlcode. Im
    using 5.8 on a linux RH8 box. The code runs fine, and even the warn
    and die statements work (eventually). In the debugger, when I step
    past the warn or die line, it takes from 15-30 seconds to actually
    warn or die- in the meantime it just sits there thinking about that
    one line. The rest of the code is blazing fast; the box is unloaded.

    Here is a typical line:

    warn "No CCX is defined in for ($ma)\n" unless defined $CCx{$ma};

    Is there something peculiar about warn or die that would make them run
    at this decellerated pace?

    Thank-You in advance for your time and advice.

    -Gx (wishing I was at OPEN SOURCE this week GRRRRRR)

    Sara, Jul 11, 2003