Is there something like Zoe in Python

Guest

Zoe is an application written in Java that is also a SMTP/POP/WEB server
that sits between your normal mail user agent (Thunderbird, mutt or
Outlook) and the rest of the world. Every mail you've received or sent is
stored and indexed in Zoe, so that you can perform searches (ala Google) on
your own mail database, via its web interface.

I was wondering if there's something similar but written in Python.

--
дамјан

"The moment you commit and quit holding back, all sorts of unforseen
incidents, meetings and material assistance will rise up to help you.
The simple act of commitment is a powerful magnet for help." -- Napoleon

Diez B. Roggisch

?????? ??????????? said:
Zoe is an application written in Java that is also a SMTP/POP/WEB server
that sits between your normal mail user agent (Thunderbird, mutt or
Outlook) and the rest of the world. Every mail you've received or sent is
stored and indexed in Zoe, so that you can perform searches (ala Google)
on your own mail database, via its web interface.

I was wondering if there's something similar but written in Python.

Not to my knowledge - I searched on such tools a while ago, and found ZOE to
be a great application. It shouldn't be too hard to create such an app
based on ZOPE and the usual standard libs - but I certainly don't have the
time to do it :)

Michel Claveau - abstraction méta-galactique non t

Hi !

You can use Hamster (http://hamster-fr.sourceforge.net )

And drive it, from Python, via COM

sample :

# -*- coding: cp1252 -*-

''' Exemple d'appel de Hamster, depuis Python
la fonction "exportgroupe" exporte, dans le fichier
texte indiqué, un ensemble de messages d'un newsgroup.
(réalisation http://mclaveau.com)
'''

from win32com.client import Dispatch
ham = None

def exportgroupe(groupe,fichier,ndebut=0,nfin=999999999):
global ham
if ham == None:
ham = Dispatch("Hamster.App")
grp = ham.NewsGrpOpen(groupe)
if grp>0:
print '\r\n','-'*70
print 'Groupe :',groupe,
print ' Messages, de',ham.NewsArtNoMin(grp),
print ' à',ham.NewsArtNoMax(grp)
ndebut = max(ham.NewsArtNoMin(grp), ndebut)
nfin = min(ham.NewsArtNoMax(grp), nfin)
fichier=open(fichier,'w')
for numero in range(ndebut, nfin):
print numero,
txtArticle = ham.NewsArtTextExport(grp, numero)
fichier.write(txtArticle.encode('cp1252','replace'))
fichier.close()
ham.NewsGrpClose(grp)

'''usage :
exportgroupe( nom_groupe, fichier_destinataire, [num_message_début],
[num_message_fin])
les paramètres entre crochets sont facultatifs.'''

exportgroupe('fr.comp.lang.python','c:\pg.txt')
exportgroupe('pare-feux','c:\pf.txt', 3000,3002)

Richie Hindle

[??????]
Zoe is an application written in Java that is also a SMTP/POP/WEB server
that sits between your normal mail user agent (Thunderbird, mutt or
Outlook) and the rest of the world. Every mail you've received or sent is
stored and indexed in Zoe, so that you can perform searches (ala Google) on
your own mail database, via its web interface.

I was wondering if there's something similar but written in Python.

Divmod Quotient: http://www.divmod.org/Home/Projects/Quotient/index.html

I haven't used it, but I believe it's exactly what you describe.

Miki Tebeka

Hello ????????????,
Zoe is an application written in Java that is also a SMTP/POP/WEB server
that sits between your normal mail user agent (Thunderbird, mutt or
Outlook) and the rest of the world. Every mail you've received or sent is
stored and indexed in Zoe, so that you can perform searches (ala Google) on
your own mail database, via its web interface.

I was wondering if there's something similar but written in Python.
You can do indexing with Lupy (http://www.divmod.org/Home/Projects/Lupy/)
The SMTP/POP/WEB stuff can be done with the standard Python library or with
twisted (http://twistedmatrix.com/).

HTH.

Elena68X5