is there such a Cancel() method for FormView or ObjectDataSource?

Afshar

hi everybody there,

i want to cancel inserting records on specific circumstance based on a
validation using ObjectDataSource's Inserting event. but need a
Cancel() method to rollback record insertion. is there any way?

i'm using datasets(xsd) and my final goal is to prevent some aspnet
users from inserting, updating and deleting records from specific
tables.

thanks in advance
afshar

Afshar

hi everybody there,

i want to cancel inserting records on specific circumstance based on a
validation using ObjectDataSource's Inserting event. but need a
Cancel() method to rollback record insertion. is there any way?

i'm using datasets(xsd) and my final goal is to prevent some aspnet
users from inserting, updating and deleting records from specific
tables.

thanks in advanceafshar

found it myself,
the e parameter passed to all events has a Cancel property that must
set to false in order to cancel operation.