Is this a good place for topics concerning Altova Mapforce?

lukaslatz

Hi group

I'm fed up with the Altova Mapforce user forum because posts go missing
and it's slow.
Is there a group especially for vendor-specific topics/issues or are
these things ok in comp.text.xml ?

Cheers

Lukas

Martin Honnen

I'm fed up with the Altova Mapforce user forum because posts go missing
and it's slow.
Is there a group especially for vendor-specific topics/issues or are
these things ok in comp.text.xml ?

You can try here if you want but if you are looking for expertise on a
particular tool then chances are you find that in a forum dedicated to
that tool.

spiff

Always those lame Stylus commercials. No information which could be
useful to the thread, just marketing...

Sorry, but somehow I don't like this (the postings).

Regards

Nick Kew

spiff said:
Always those lame Stylus commercials. No information which could be
useful to the thread, just marketing...

Sorry, but somehow I don't like this (the postings).

It's OK. You're not the only one who finds their crap here
annoying. Which is a shame, because it *looks* ontopic enough
that its author should be welcome here if he/she participated
instead of spamming. But perhaps that would just demonstrate
ignorance, and warn us off just as effectively as the spam.

Lukas

While searching usenet (and the web) for references relevant to my
problem, almost half of the hits for "mapforce" were advertisement SPAM
from you guys.
These posts disrupt the functioning of usenet.
I'd never buy a product from a company which employs spamming as a
marketing strategy.
There you have it.

spiff

That's true. This is an additional point (getting not relevant hits on
searching). Maybe part of the strategy?