    Cheers

    Lukas

    , Nov 9, 2005

  2. wrote:

    > I'm fed up with the Altova Mapforce user forum because posts go missing
    > and it's slow.
    > Is there a group especially for vendor-specific topics/issues or are
    > these things ok in comp.text.xml ?

    You can try here if you want but if you are looking for expertise on a
    particular tool then chances are you find that in a forum dedicated to
    that tool.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Nov 9, 2005

  3. Stylus Studio, Nov 9, 2005
  4. spiff Guest

    Always those lame Stylus commercials. No information which could be
    useful to the thread, just marketing...

    Sorry, but somehow I don't like this (the postings).

    Regards

    spiff, Nov 10, 2005
  5. Nick Kew Guest

    "stylus studio" crap (Re: Is this a good place for topics concerningAltova Mapforce?)

    spiff wrote:
    > Always those lame Stylus commercials. No information which could be
    > useful to the thread, just marketing...
    >
    > Sorry, but somehow I don't like this (the postings).

    It's OK. You're not the only one who finds their crap here
    annoying. Which is a shame, because it *looks* ontopic enough
    that its author should be welcome here if he/she participated
    instead of spamming. But perhaps that would just demonstrate
    ignorance, and warn us off just as effectively as the spam.

    --
    Nick Kew

    Nick Kew, Nov 10, 2005
  6. Lukas Guest

    I'll try here then. I'd hoped to find a more specific group but no luck
    so far.

    Lukas, Nov 10, 2005
  7. Lukas Guest

    While searching usenet (and the web) for references relevant to my
    problem, almost half of the hits for "mapforce" were advertisement SPAM
    from you guys.
    These posts disrupt the functioning of usenet.
    I'd never buy a product from a company which employs spamming as a
    marketing strategy.
    There you have it.

    Lukas, Nov 10, 2005
  8. spiff Guest

    That's true. This is an additional point (getting not relevant hits on
    searching). Maybe part of the strategy?

    spiff, Nov 10, 2005