    board?
    Thanks
    Renato

    Renato, Feb 22, 2005

  2. Renato wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have seen the board described in this link.
    > http://www.seventech.it/english/merlinoboard/2.php
    > I think that its a good solution to realize an embedded system with VGA
    > output, in that cases where, to use the PC, is not convenient.
    > I have seen that it's available also a dev kit to develop the code in C++
    > and it is not necessary to use an operating system.
    > How is it possible to work with a system without operating system?

    C++ Standard allows two implementations: hosted and stand-alone. A hosted
    implementation lives on and under control of, an operating system. The
    other kind, a stand-alone implementation, is essentially an operating
    system by itself. Just like any other embedded system that takes some
    input and produces some output, a compiler can be made stand-alone.

    > You thing thought of it? Is it really a good product? Who has used this
    > board?

    I think this is a wrong place to ask about it. Try a hardware newsgroup.

    Victor Bazarov, Feb 22, 2005