Is this in the HMTL specs?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Ed Mullen, Feb 18, 2008.

  1. Ed Mullen

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ed Mullen, Feb 18, 2008

  2. Ed Mullen

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    > I've searched and just can't find this markup tag in the spec.
    >
    > http://edmullen.net/temp/how_to_attrack_a_geek.jpg

    Capital letters for HTML mark-up looks like shouting and surely
    there is no need to shout here.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Feb 18, 2008

  3. Ed Mullen

    C A Upsdell Guest

    C A Upsdell, Feb 18, 2008
  4. Ed Mullen

    Tim Streater Guest

    Tim Streater, Feb 18, 2008
  5. Ed Mullen

    C A Upsdell Guest

    C A Upsdell, Feb 18, 2008
  6. Ed Mullen

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Feb 18, 2:01 pm, Ed Mullen <> wrote:
    > I've searched and just can't find this markup tag in the spec.
    >
    > http://edmullen.net/temp/how_to_attrack_a_geek.jpg
    >
    > --
    > Ed Mullenhttp://edmullen.net
    > Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual trip around
    > the sun.

    I think I can shorten your search. Since upper case is used, this can
    not be valid xhtml, since lower case must be used in contrast to html
    where either upper or lower case may be used. Thus you will have to
    search old html - perhaps very early html. Was there a 0.01 version in
    the distant past?.

    cwdjrxyz, Feb 18, 2008
  7. Ed Mullen

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:01:23 GMT
    Ed Mullen scribed:

    > I've searched and just can't find this markup tag in the spec.
    >
    > http://edmullen.net/temp/how_to_attrack_a_geek.jpg

    Did you try jamming them through the validator?

    --
    Neredbojias
    Riches are their own reward.

    Neredbojias, Feb 18, 2008
  8. Ed Mullen

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:
    > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:01:23 GMT
    > Ed Mullen scribed:
    >
    >> I've searched and just can't find this markup tag in the spec.
    >>
    >> http://edmullen.net/temp/how_to_attrack_a_geek.jpg

    > Did you try jamming them through the validator?

    Hmmm. I may have to consult my girlfriend on that one.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Feb 19, 2008
  9. Neredbojias wrote:
    > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:01:23 GMT
    > Ed Mullen scribed:
    >
    >> I've searched and just can't find this markup tag in the spec.
    >>
    >> http://edmullen.net/temp/how_to_attrack_a_geek.jpg

    > Did you try jamming them through the validator?

    That's what they do for a mamogram.
    PhilK

    --
    Phil & Val Kempster
    http://kempster.info

    Phil Kempster, Feb 19, 2008
  10. Ed Mullen

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 19 Feb 2008 02:03:11
    GMT Ed Mullen scribed:

    > Neredbojias wrote:
    >> Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 18 Feb 2008
    >> 20:01:23 GMT Ed Mullen scribed:
    >>
    >>> I've searched and just can't find this markup tag in the spec.
    >>>
    >>> http://edmullen.net/temp/how_to_attrack_a_geek.jpg

    >> Did you try jamming them through the validator?
    >>

    > Hmmm. I may have to consult my girlfriend on that one.

    Not a bad idea. She probably wouldn't appreciate things being verified
    by surprise.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Riches are their own reward.