    script to process data in another scripting language
    -
    lek

    leke, Aug 3, 2004

  2. Hi,

    [0] http://www.w3schools.com/

    > A Specific Question.
    > I wanted to build a simple web page that allowed my teacher to edit the
    > text content on her web page via a HTML Form. I was originally going to
    > do it like the HTML Form > CGI > some script on my server method.
    > Is this possible to do with XML without having to write a separate
    > script to process data in another scripting language?

    XML == eXtensible *Markup* Language. XML itself is for exchanging,
    representing and saving structured data, not for processing (though some
    XML-related technologies like XSLT would allow you to do some basic jobs
    on processing). It depends on your task whether XML and XML-related
    things would be enough for you. Just read [0]. You'll see ;-)

    HTH, Igor.

    Igor Podolskiy, Aug 3, 2004

  3. leke

    Peter Flynn Guest

    The XML FAQ is at http://www.ucc.ie/xml

    > A Specific Question.
    > I wanted to build a simple web page that allowed my teacher to edit the
    > text content on her web page via a HTML Form. I was originally going to
    > do it like the HTML Form > CGI > some script on my server method.
    > Is this possible to do with XML without having to write a separate
    > script to process data in another scripting language?

    No. XML is a markup language for identifying structured information. It
    is not a programming language.

    ///Peter

    Peter Flynn, Aug 4, 2004
  4. leke