Is this possible using XSLT?

harryajh

using xalan 2.7.1 within Java 5.0

I want to produce a stylesheet from another stylesheet but there is NO
xml. Also the stylesheet produced is actually made up of 10 sections
of xslt which is actually held in memory NOT as a disk file - for this
we used xslt extension functions which work really well.

So my question is, using xalan's tranform method, can I give it just a
xslt file which then makes external calls to retrieve all the sections
to produce the final one but without any XML?

thanks in advance

harry

Martin Honnen

harryajh said:
using xalan 2.7.1 within Java 5.0

I want to produce a stylesheet from another stylesheet but there is NO
xml. Also the stylesheet produced is actually made up of 10 sections
of xslt which is actually held in memory NOT as a disk file - for this
we used xslt extension functions which work really well.

So my question is, using xalan's tranform method, can I give it just a
xslt file which then makes external calls to retrieve all the sections
to produce the final one but without any XML?

You might want to use the Xalan user list for Xalan specific questions
but usually when I have a stylesheet that does not need any input XML I
simply provide a dummy XML input e.g.
<root/>
to the transformation method.

Joseph J. Kesselman

harryajh said:
So my question is, using xalan's tranform method, can I give it just a
xslt file which then makes external calls to retrieve all the sections
to produce the final one but without any XML?

Create and pass in a dummy source.