Is this possible?!?!?!??!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?UyBSZWljaGFyZA==?=, Jun 24, 2006.

  1. Here is my issue... I am working on creating a website
    http://www.adoptabrick.com

    The new site is in progress http://www.adoptabrick.com/pilot

    The first website uses flash right now on the page marked "The Wall". I
    would like to change the page to utilize aspx. Is it possible?

    Here is the background. The brick images are on the file system. The
    information displayed is based on a query to a backend database. the query
    determines what to pull in. i.e. The database will only have the name of
    the image to pull in and then flash will link the image name from the
    database to that on the file system. The image is displayed as you can see
    with the text overlayed on top.

    ASPX
    I have a basic datagrid created and it pulls the image from the file system
    when putting the image name in the database, however I can not get it to
    format similar to that of the one in flash. Also, I have not figured out how
    to put the text on the image either. The image will be created dynamically
    at run time! I hope all this makes sense... it is complicated and I am
    wasting valuable time. I have read about GDI+. Basically each record in the
    database will have an image associated with it. I want to take the image and
    build a wall, if possible with text overlaying each image based on what the
    customer entered.

    What tools are better for doing this, or is it not possible?
    =?Utf-8?B?UyBSZWljaGFyZA==?=, Jun 24, 2006

  2. Asked and answered on another newsgroup you posted this exact same question
    to.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    Professional Chicken Salad Alchemist

    Big thicks are made up of lots of little thins.

    Kevin Spencer, Jun 25, 2006